• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wormhauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Tipton
    Just listened to the Gun Guy Show on WIBC. Great show if you haven't listened it is worth while.

However his topic was a bad one. I have always thought they could never repeal the 2nd amendment. Well with Hillary and her new Supreme Court Judges, it wont take long for them to over turn the Heller decision. That was the decision on who the 2nd amendment applies to. It is her opinion that the supreme s got it wrong and only if you in a regulated militia, ie the National Guard, your state or city may decide to ban all guns such as as the way it was in DC and Chicago before the decision.

Bam, you are an instant felon if you don't turn in your weapons. Sure you can hide them but what good would they be then except for survival situations where all rule of law ceases to exist. I have a dependent here and wonder if being caught somehow with a prohibited weapon will be worth the risk? I am sure I am not alone. Hopefully a lot of patriots will keep weapons and be felons in case they are needed. But for defense of your person in a normal manner we had better learn to be proficient with knives.

This whole Trump may lose thing, and we lose all our freedoms because of it has me on the edge of a cliff. :xmad:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I heard that, too.

Democrats always bang the table that Roe v. Wade is "established law". GOP pisses their pants about every thing and doesn't fight or resist in any substantive way.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I heard that show also. Made me wonder if all of the red states could make their own states militia or make any person a member of that states national Guard or something to circumvent the Feds.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    In this hypothetical scenario of them coming to get the guns, who is it that's going to do the collecting?

boogeyman.jpeg

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Let's not get too riled up. They aren't just going to come for anyone's guns. It would be a mess. They'll have increasingly tight regulation over what kinds of guns can be possessed in what capacity (think NFA and AWB type legislation) accompanied by registration and voluntary turn over. A few generations in and people get used to certain weapons being hard to get they'll be able to roll out mandatory turn over. "Doesn't affect me, so why should I care?" will be what destroys firearms ownership. Fudds are going to be the useful idiots of the left.

The gun ban game is a long haul one. Like we are always saying on here, bit by bit by bit.

Wormhauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Tipton
    What I am afraid of some states will ban guns based on Heller getting overturned. They wont have to come to our door and bash it in. We will be our own boogyman to avoid being caught with a prohibited weapon and becoming instant felons. I can see the smirk on her now as she nominates the next judge and our republican senate confirms that person with no battle.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    However his topic was a bad one. I have always thought they could never repeal the 2nd amendment.

Why would you think this could never happen?

Study the Mexican Constitution and its RKBA provision and then tell us if you think the same.

This is a routine function of government, to swell outside the guardrails of its containment.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    What I am afraid of some states will ban guns based on Heller getting overturned.

That would likely be Illinois, California, and a couple in New England. They made their bed. We in Indiana and many other states already have a guarantee in our Indiana Constitution that we have the right as citizens to bear arms.

Section 32. The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    That would likely be Illinois, California, and a couple in New England. They made their bed. We in Indiana and many other states already have a guarantee in our Indiana Constitution that we have the right as citizens to bear arms.

Section 32. The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State

Don't be too sure...they can all be turned over with the right argument/fear to get the votes the way they want it. Probably not in our lifetime...but someday I fear we'll lose it nationwide.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Scoff all you want, but this is the end game.
    They run around saying "No one is going to come and take your guns."
    Well, strictly speaking they won't.
    They'll just bring forth a revisit of Heller, where it's well known that Ruth Buzzy Ginsberg, Steven Breyer, Alaina Kagan, and Sonya Sotomayor are all biding their time to be joined by a fifth far leftist disguised as a fair and impartial arbiter of constitutionality.
    Further evidence, in the words directly from a retired SCOTUS justice - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...2c36d2b1245_story.html?utm_term=.c556f77481a5
    As John Adams famously said, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just listened to the Gun Guy Show on WIBC. Great show if you haven't listened it is worth while.

However his topic was a bad one. I have always thought they could never repeal the 2nd amendment. Well with Hillary and her new Supreme Court Judges, it wont take long for them to over turn the Heller decision. That was the decision on who the 2nd amendment applies to. It is her opinion that the supreme s got it wrong and only if you in a regulated militia, ie the National Guard, your state or city may decide to ban all guns such as as the way it was in DC and Chicago before the decision.

Bam, you are an instant felon if you don't turn in your weapons. Sure you can hide them but what good would they be then except for survival situations where all rule of law ceases to exist. I have a dependent here and wonder if being caught somehow with a prohibited weapon will be worth the risk? I am sure I am not alone. Hopefully a lot of patriots will keep weapons and be felons in case they are needed. But for defense of your person in a normal manner we had better learn to be proficient with knives.

This whole Trump may lose thing, and we lose all our freedoms because of it has me on the edge of a cliff. :xmad:

One clarification, the term "well regulated" meant in good working order at the time the 2nd Amendment was written.
    Not "regulated" by law.

Also, if you check the Indiana Constitution, everybody over the age of 17 is in the Indiana militia.

Meaning of the phrase "well-regulated"

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    One clarification, the term "well regulated" meant in good working order at the time the 2nd Amendment was written.
    Not "regulated" by law.

Also, if you check the Indiana Constitution, everybody over the age of 17 is in the Indiana militia.

Meaning of the phrase "well-regulated"
    So when the federal govt tells Indiana to change there constitution or be denied federal funding, they will change it i bet.

Wormhauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Tipton
    I hope our Indiana Constitution continues to stand. We are coming scary close to having our political heads becoming more liberal.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    States will not matter in this sitiuation it will not be an overall ban.
    Here are some of the things you will see in HRC future.
    Number one no legislative or legal resistance this is one party rule.
    The ability to sue gun makers this is a high priority this will open a door to sue you as a gun owner as well.
    Now your answer for who will come for my guns the IRS dummy!
    25% tax on all firearms transactions new or used. Ammo tax look for 25% as well.
    Safe and secure storage look for laws if a firearm is stolen you could face jail time!
    Assault weapons ban alll existing firearms will have to be converted to 10 round California style mags or possession will be a felony.
    Magazines shall no hold more than 10 rounds no grandfather clause.
    National laws on concealed carry if you think they are going to regulate police forces and not you really!
    See how easy that was no turn in no raids just laws.
    The taxes will be sold as a fund to help "gun violence victims"

Oh by the way Loretta Lynch will stay in place for at the DOJ four more years that was part of the deal on the plane!

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    ... denied federal funding, they will change it i bet.

Now your answer for who will come for my guns the IRS dummy!
    25% tax on all firearms transactions new or used. Ammo tax look for 25% as well.

Follow the money.

A tax may not be the worst thing and could keep firearms legal for a longer time because of the governments greed. Think about tobacco, clearly something that is unhealthy and taxed by government. The government is so dependent on tobacco tax money that even if it was proved that tobacco caused the extinction of unicorns it would still be legal because the governments never ending need for tax revenue. Add a new tax on firearms and they would quickly become depended on that tax revenue too.

Top Bottom