• Status
    Not open for further replies.

harrisonpainter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I just joined up and am really looking forward to connecting with all of you. I used to be very pro-gun in my younger years. Served in the Navy during Desert Storm and owned a Glock and Ruger P89. As I got older, for some reason I became very anti-gun. I did not see the point in people carrying around weapons that were simply not qualified to use safely.

Well, that all changed over the last 12 months. My wife was attacked at Keystone at the crossing when I was out of town on business. A perp grabbed her purse and drug her across the parking lot. The criminal got away, but my wife did not let go of her purse and the criminal ran off unsuccessful. She is one tough cookie. What made the situation even worse was that my two young daughter (8 and 10) witnessed the whole thing and it has really scared them. Then on Father's Day I was downtown with the family taking some photos. Two men jumped out of the bushes and tried to steal some camera gear from my wife. (I don't think they saw me at first) Once they saw me, they ran off, also unsuccessful. My two young daughters witnessed this as well.

So over the last decade I have had zero issues with threatening situations, and in the course of a few months my family experienced two. This forced me to re-evaluate my position on guns. What if these men would have been armed? I had no way to defend myself, or my family. These things really hit home to me why owning a gun, getting the proper training, and carrying are so important.

My solution, bought a Glock 23 for me, a shotgun for the house, and in process of getting the wife a new pistol as well. (She wants something small, so probably a S&W Bodyguard)

I work in digital media and promotions. So you can always find me somewhere on Twitter, facebook, ect. I live my life pretty wide open and work hard at creating value for others. So feel free to connect with me anytime!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend, and looking forward to an even better week!

Thank you,

Harrison

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Welcome to INGO! WOW, what a year you have had. I'm sorry that you have had those experiences but glad everyone came out alright. There are a lot of great resources on these boards and a LOT of great people. Jump in and take it all in.
    THANKS for your service!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Welcome. In my view, you have paid your lifetime dues on bad experience in Indy. You'll like the variety of topics and... personalities here.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Welcome to INGO, glad your here. That is some kinda year you have had! sounds like your moving in the right direction to keep your family safe! and thank you for your service.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Welcome man! Glad you feel the need to protect the family. Sad we can't do it barehanded, but that's just life. :)

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :welcome: to INGO

Very sorry to hear about your unfortunate incidents and more sorry that your children had to witness it. That really is horrible. Glad to hear you are taking a proactive approach to be better prepared for the future and I really hope you and your family don't need to ever use them! :ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom