• Status
    Not open for further replies.

familyman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fishers
    Hello all. I have been researching handguns for a few weeks and stumbled across this site, after a few days of lurking and reading some really good info I decided to go ahead and sign up here at INGO.

I have a 3 year old daughter and a son due this summer. My wife has been encouraging me to learn proper handgun usage for a few years now so that I can protect our family if necessary so here I am. I am thinking about taking an NRA Basic Pistol Course and probably purchasing a pistol and getting my LTCH afterwards.

Thanks for the great forum, I look forward to learning more.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Welcome from Fishers. :)

I'd recommend at least applying for your LTCH (Lifetime, Personal Protection one) before you purchase your handgun. "Carrying" includes having it in your car in a locked box in your trunk separate from your ammunition, not just carrying on your person. There's about a billion threads on that topic in the various forums here. :) Also, if your family is going to own a handgun, I'd recommend your wife acquire her lifetime LTCH, "just in case." Again, there's a plethora of posts on that topic, as well.

Read the FAQ in my signature for more info. :)

Welcome to INGO, and I hope you enjoy your stay here!!!

Stillstanding

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Noblesville
    Welcome from Noblesville

Welcome friend. I am new to the forum too but not new to firearms. I also suggest that you have your wife get a carry permit so that you can leave a weapon in a shared vehicle without having her get in trouble for having it without a license. :welcome:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom