Not open for further replies.

ikky68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Hi all,

FNG (frikkin' new guy) from Fishers here.

I'm an ex-Navy guy from the Desert Shield/Storm era (I was there for both). Not much experience in firearms other than general training and SSET/EW.

SSET/EW (Shipboard Security Engagement Tactics/Engagement Warfare) is a class on tactics, breaching spaces, bomb finding/sweeping. All that stuff needed to make sure that your ship remains afloat and that any terrorist that tries to mess with your home will be dealt with in the most violent and efficient manner.

My armament consists of: an AR15-22lr plinker from Smith & Wesson, a Ruger SR9, and I just made an AR15.

The upper for the AR15/5.56 was pre-assembled as I don't have to tools to put one together. Everything else was a VERY nice learning experience. I'm in the process of making 2 more.

I volunteer at the Eagle Creek Range. If you see an Asian guy hanging around with a Caucasian kid (step son), say hello. My son is into guns and wants to learn some, but I'm not sure to what extent. I'm hoping that he'll take some mechanical engineering courses in college because he's expressed a desire to make/design guns. Good thing is that the Crane Naval Base is a few hours south of Indy and maybe he'll be able to work there.

Anyways... Hello to All.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom