Not open for further replies.

Sabreur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Greetings and salutations!

I'm brand new to the forum (and to shooting in general!) and I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 19 and I live in Fort Wayne, so I'll hopefully be out at the Roush Lake range every week or so. The only firearm I own currently is a Marlin 795, but that's certainly going to change pretty soon. ;)

I'm looking forward to learning a ton and having a grande ol' time on this here forum!

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Welcome to the, ahem, "interesting" world of INGO internet gun forums. One must learn to separate the wheat from the chaff. There actually is some of the former buried in here!

If you are at the Roush Lake range this Saturday afternoon, December 3, I will be there conducting the live-fire portion of an NRA Basic Pistol class. Say "hi" if you happen to be there.

Bob Aldridge
    www.iftnra.com

Sabreur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks Lotsofglocks!
    Hi Bob, you may not remember, but I actually contacted you while back about basic rifle lessons. If I'm able to purchase a pistol at some point (being under 21 is a pain!), I'm definitely interested in taking the basic pistol class.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The only firearm I own currently is a Marlin 795, but that's certainly going to change pretty soon. ;)

If I'm able to purchase a pistol at some point (being under 21 is a pain!)

:welcome: to the site neighbor !

Being under 21 only eliminates buying from a dealer. You can still buy from a private individual.

Go to Roush often. Meet a few people and ask to try a few different things to see what you like before buying. I don't know how most dealers are about letting someone handle their guns when they know they couldn't sell you one anyhow.

In meantime, consider getting a jump on things and apply for your LTCH.

Sabreur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Yep, I know I can buy from an individual (although the pertinent sections of the IN Code isn't as clear as it could be), but I sure wish I didn't have to. I'm a little uncomfortable buying a used firearm because of my lack of experience with them in that I don't really know what all to look for. That's probably what I'll end up doing though since I don't want to wait two more years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom