• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Driver12518

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Knox
    Hello fellow Hoosiers and enthusiasts. I'm up North in Knox Indiana. A little town that is roughly between Valparaiso and Plymouth.

I learned of this site while recently at an indoor range in the northern Indianapolis area. I was there with my fiance getting more time behind a Glock 19 I have been thinking about. As well as some in-hand comparisons of a 590 to an 870. Leaning 590 (50663) unless some arguments I hear here swing my vote. Hoping to find some historic discussions of the two, and what folks may have to say about the ghost ring sight.

My current collection consists of;
    *Beretta AL391 Teknys Gold
    *Bushmaster XM15-E2S
    *Ruger Mark II 22/45
    Anschutz 1451 R
    Marlin Model 60

The (3) with the asterisks are because last week they were stolen during a home break in. That's how I actually learned of this site. I was talking with one of the range safety officers and another gentleman at the counter about other areas to help get the word out. There's been a full police report done, and information has been submitted to hotgunz as well. I'm hoping the individual(s) responsible understand what they have and may be foolish enough to try and reintroduce them to the gun enthusiast market to maximize their returns. I figure the more eyes out there the better. I hope the Beretta and Bushmaster are at least unique enough they can be spotted.

Thanks,
    DR

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome to INGO. Very sorry you lost those guns. Unfortunately, the public doesn't have access to any centralized stolen gun repository, so hotgunz certainly won't hurt, but it won't get the word out to everybody. I recommend you check out the INGO thread on stolen guns and send a private message to one of the moderators to have yours listed here as well.

As for the 870 vs. 590 debate, you will find people on both sides. I own an 870, but Remington has been in decline for a number of years, so I'd generally push new buyers towards the Mossbergs. I recommend you do some reading in the Long Guns section on the two and possibly ask people for their preference to get a proper brand war going. :)

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    Welome to INGO. Regarding the shotguns, I prefer the 590. Easier to load and I prefer the top-mounted safety. I prefer the bead sight to the ghost ring, unless you plan to shoot slugs long range (for a shotgun).

Driver12518

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Knox
    Thanks for all the welcomes. Glad to see there are a few up here in the sticks.

I'll get in touch with a Mod about making it on the stolen list. I trust between the cops doing there thing and word getting out locally that most will turn up eventually. Really hoping to get the shotgun back. Had some good memories with sporting clay trips and leagues with that thing. Had trigger locks on all, so we'll see if that slows them down or if they cause damage trying to remove them.

Looks like the leaning towards 590 isn't too far off from the norm. Videos and reviews I've come across have mentioned some of the exact things I've seen here; location of safety and slide release, slightly higher build quality, shell lifter being out of the way, etc. I'll have to try and find a dealer/indoor range with a 590 and the ghost ring sights to see if it's something i'm interested in. It'd for sure be different from the bead sight, but with the shorter barrel I wouldn't be trying to reach out and touch clays with a pattern like I have been used to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom