• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    Hey folks, new to this forum and to guns, hoping to just learn as much as possible. I bought my first gun, PSA dagger, about a month ago, followed shortly after by a Winchester Wildcat 22lr (which is boatloads of fun tbh). Thought I would keep a gun for home defense, but like all my gun friends warned me, it's an addicting hobby! Now I'm at the range once a week, just bought a holster to potentially start carrying (once I think my training is up to snuff), and I'm looking to go on my first hunting trip in the fall.

Came from a family with no guns (though not necessarily anti-gun) so this has been a big change. Looking forward to learning more! Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Welcome to INGO. You can learn a lot here. If you can't find a thread on something, just start one and ask your question. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Hey folks, new to this forum and to guns, hoping to just learn as much as possible. I bought my first gun, PSA dagger, about a month ago, followed shortly after by a Winchester Wildcat 22lr (which is boatloads of fun tbh). Thought I would keep a gun for home defense, but like all my gun friends warned me, it's an addicting hobby! Now I'm at the range once a week, just bought a holster to potentially start carrying (once I think my training is up to snuff), and I'm looking to go on my first hunting trip in the fall.

Came from a family with no guns (though not necessarily anti-gun) so this has been a big change. Looking forward to learning more! Cheers
    I'm curious.
    What prompted you to begin this newfound passion?
    Was it thoughts of personal protection, or were thoughts of hunting there from the start?
    Welcome to Ingo

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    I'm curious.
    What prompted you to begin this newfound passion?
    Was it thoughts of personal protection, or were thoughts of hunting there from the start?
    Welcome to Ingo
    Thanks! Mostly for the sport, I thought just plinking at the range would be fun, and it definitely was! Personal defense was the second factor. We live in a very safe area, but when we go to buy a house, that may stop being the case. Figure it's better to have one and train now when I don't need it to be ready for when I do.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Welcome! I also recommend stopping by the INGO open shoot out at Proteq. Lots of fun, and probably about 90 minutes or so from you. But worth the drive. You'll find a lot of great folks out there having fun, and more than willing to help and answer any questions you might have. (heck, the last one a guy showed up with a jacked up AK that he couldnt figure out. He had 3 guys swarmed around his gun trying to fix it, and he walked away with a parts list to correct the thing later)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom