midwestmobster

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Hey everyone,
    My name is Eriks. I'm new to this forum and new to gun ownership. I recently purchased a Smith & Wesson J frame and want to get more acquainted with guns, people's political ideas in regards to gun ownership and the law, and discuss current events such as what is going on in Israel. I live in Indianapolis and have lived either in Indianapolis or the metro area my entire life outside of spending time at Vincennes University and sometime in Muncie. I hope to get to know some people on here because I have a lot to learn.

-Eriks

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Start reading. It's all here. Contribute if you have an opinion on something. Expect us old farts to give you a little bit of a hard time for awhile, and don't take it personal. It's just the interwebs. And welcome! We're glad to have you.

midwestmobster

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I have thick skin.. Lol, just paid to be a site contributor.. I hate to go straight into politics but I've changed a lot lately. If you would have said I'd become more right leaning in 2014 I wouldn't believe you. Also, the city I live in (Indy) has went nuts..seems the world has. I'm just trying to learn and prepare for if something goes down. I'll need help bc I know zero. I bought a hammer less SW J frame recently and love it but I know it may not be the best option with all these kids running around with switches on locks with "extendos". God help us, lol..

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have thick skin.. Lol, just paid to be a site contributor.. I hate to go straight into politics but I've changed a lot lately. If you would have said I'd become more right leaning in 2014 I wouldn't believe you. Also, the city I live in (Indy) has went nuts..seems the world has. I'm just trying to learn and prepare for if something goes down. I'll need help bc I know zero. I bought a hammer less SW J frame recently and love it but I know it may not be the best option with all these kids running around with switches on locks with "extendos". God help us, lol..
    Welcome to, and thank you for supporting INGO. You covered a lot in this post:

Thick skin: check!

Politics: everything is political and people do change. The General Political Discussion sub-forum gets a bit heated. One thing I've learned here, gun owners are not a monolithic blob who all think alike.

Indy/world has gone nuts: "The world has gone mad" and "the world has gone crazy" are also acceptable. I've noticed this myself.

S&W J-Frames: they go bang 5 times, but they do go bang. The S&W (pre) Model 36 Chiefs Special debuted in 1950 (have to add the "pre" since S&W went from Model Names to Model Numbers in 1957. This is INGO, someone will point it out ;) . Small price to pay to have access to a lot of people who know a lot about a lot of different things :oldwise: )

Back to J-Frames: I figure S&W made so many of these because people keep buying them, and they buy them for a reason.

Da youts with their switches and stendos (and Mexican-Carry with sweatpants) : Been discussed a lot here in the past. We have several Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs) who post on INGO and heard a great deal about the number of these devices (machine-gun conversion device, or MCD) and the Indiana General Assembly (we get into State politics A BUNCH here. January is coming/Assembly in session) changed the Indiana Code/now possession is illegal not just when attached to a firearm/mirrors federal law.

Mexican-Carry: The term refers to Mexico in the late-1800s. Citizens couldn't legally carry guns/would carry in their waistband/no holster. That way if the Federalis came down the trail you threw your gun in the bushes and came back later to get it. The term is used a lot here at INGO and is not disrespectful.

Back to da youts with their gat (gat is slang for gun, I learned that here at INGO) in the waistband of their sweats with a big old stendo-mag, here is the Reader's Digest version of my thoughts on the subject: "You'll shoot your **** off." "You don't have a round chambered, or you'd have shot your **** off." "Have you considered investing in a proper holster? Holsters protect the trigger so you won't shoot your **** off."

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Thank you for introducing yourself. As several have said, there is are volumes of knowledge to be gained here.
    The first thing to start reading...are the rules. Doing that first will save you a lot of grief.
    And, welcome to INGO from Hamilton County!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom