• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Modern 3 way printers (copy/scan, print, fax) have a fax function if it's enabled, wifi'ed or cabled and set up to work internet.
    Should not be too hard for you to find, as an option.
    If your printer has a scanner, you can fax, unless it's really old.

... and as mentioned, libraries, office goods stores, etc. offer these services

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We have online faxing at work but I'm not sure I know the password info to log in from home. I have the password saved on my work computer for the sites I sign into daily.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy

Test fax setup with the HP Fax Test Service​

Use the HP Fax Test Service to confirm that your HP printer can successfully send and receive faxes.

Send a test fax​

Send a fax to HP, and then wait for a return fax to make sure you are able to send and receive faxes.
    1. Create a one-page black and white test fax.
    2. Add your fax number to the fax header. The service uses the header number to send the return fax. Make sure your full 10-digit fax number is in the header, and that it matches the number of the phone line connected to the fax.
    3. Temporarily suspend or disable any conflicting phone line services such as voice mail, call waiting, anonymous call rejection, privacy manager, and caller ID, as these can interfere with incoming faxes. Pressing *82 before dialing the HP Fax Test Service number unblocks the Caller ID blocking feature in most areas. Contact your telephone company if any of these services are interrupting fax communication.
    4. Send the test fax to 1-888-HPFaxme (1-888-473-2963 U.S.).
    5. Wait 5 to 7 minutes for the service to send a return fax.
    If a fax is not received after 10 minutes, check fax settings and try again.

Additional support options​

Try one of our automated tools or diagnostics
    Try one of our automated tools or diagnostics

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I operate a print franchise up here in NWI. We do probably 10 faxes a day, mostly to .gov orgs that will not accept an email.

A 20 page fax costs much more to send than a 20 page scan/email - .gov efficiency at it's finest.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I operate a print franchise up here in NWI. We do probably 10 faxes a day, mostly to .gov orgs that will not accept an email.

A 20 page fax costs much more to send than a 20 page scan/email - .gov efficiency at it's finest.

Gov.- But not having a digital record of the conversation to come back and bite us... priceless.

Top Bottom