• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not every store is that easy to deal with as I have seen and heard this discussion inside. Many get straight up angry about it so please do not be Carte Blanche about this. If you know them and it is cool then carry on. If not check 1st. You might be surprised.

Yep. Its actually kinda rude to do business on somebody else's property when its their primary business. I'd be pissed too if you showed up on my property selling one of my potential customers something I sell (or in this case facilitate a transfer for a fee) and cut me out of the deal. At least thats how they would view it.

But as CM said, if you know them and they are cool, thats fine. Just dont assume everyone would be cool with it.

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Congrats on making your way out of Commiefornia. You can't go wrong with the advice up-thread. In public, Police Station, gun store during operating hours, INGO classies, all good advice. Avoid a residence (could be vacant) and (someone has to say it) the abandoned warehouse at 0200 in the really bad part of town. Anywhere at 0200 should be avoided as well.

It was 2 years in the making but glad to finally be here. I’ve been quickly learning which parts of town are a nogo. The police parking lot is interesting to me because both chippies and local pd would lose their minds with anything firearm related.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It was 2 years in the making but glad to finally be here. I’ve been quickly learning which parts of town are a nogo. The police parking lot is interesting to me because both chippies and local pd would lose their minds with anything firearm related.
    Then they should avoid the Great State of Indiana

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The circle I am a part of have a couple of specific spots we use. Open air and very public. Maintain a low profile. No Cowboy stuff. Be discrete as possible.
    If you do not know who you are dealing with take someone along.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Atkinson Firearms encourages you to use their parking lot or make the sale inside the store. I met up with an INGO'er for a sale in their lot and went inside after the deal was done. The first thing the owner asked me was why didn't we come inside and sit down to do the deal. :thumbsup:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...safe-place-do-business-atkinson-firearms.html

I bought some ammo so they got a sale that would not have happened if we had met elsewhere.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Atkinson Firearms encourages you to use their parking lot or make the sale inside the store. I met up with an INGO'er for a sale in their lot and went inside after the deal was done. The first thing the owner asked me was why didn't we come inside and sit down to do the deal. :thumbsup:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...safe-place-do-business-atkinson-firearms.html

I bought some ammo so they got a sale that would not have happened if we had met elsewhere.

Well that's nice of them and it does make good business sense. It builds good will in the gun community and I'm sure they get the occasional accessory/ammo sale as a direct result. From there, they might even establish some long term customers. Everyone wins. Seems some other businesses (not just gunshops) could take a lesson - more flies with honey than vinegar and all that.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in

Ditto on this
    Sean is a great guy.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is Indiana, and in general, most people won't get freaked out by seeing people doing a gun deal in a parking lot.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But, PLEASE let the other party know that you're bringing someone else with you.
    The odds of success are inversely proportional to the surprise factor.

THIS!!!

most of the SHTF news stories of deals gone bad are person A goes to met person B and gets there and persons C,D, and E. Pile out of B’s car and bad things happen.

so anyone who pays attention will be on edge when thier buyer shows up with unexpected company.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The circle I am a part of have a couple of specific spots we use. Open air and very public. Maintain a low profile. No Cowboy stuff. Be discrete as possible.
    If you do not know who you are dealing with take someone along.

No cowboy stuff? No buyin/sellin old Peacemakers and lever-action Winchesters? :laugh:

Serious advice on going with a group numbering greater than one.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I have only met folks for a deal who are members of this site.

To date, they have all been 100% stand up, nice people even. Have always met in a business parking lot during operating hours. Good luck!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom