• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am looking for a good outdoor range where I can break in my Rem 870. I know I could go to Atteberry, but if I'm not mistaken, that is all skeet for the shotgun range, and I don't want to take up a spot missing, and don't feel it is appropriate for me to be there yet... I just want to fire my shotgun and get use to it in my hands and the recoil, etc.

I know there is the Marion County Fish and Game on the west side, but I'm not a member, but if a member is reading this and would be interested in taking a novice like me I would buy lunch/dinner and of course pay for myself to the range.

So yes, basically, I just want to shoot. Any takers or suggestions?

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Eagle Creek is open tomorrow, although I imagine if it gets really crappy out they will close up..

Shotguns are fine, they will give you older, shot up target stands to use. Good guys, good place and good knowledgeable help if you should need some..

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    the waveland gun club will let you shoot your shotgun, but I doubt you're near Shades State Park :). If you're looking to hurt yourself, try the Remington Hevi-Weight Turkey load :). I'm sure there's badder stuff out there, but it kicks like a mule. cost me 43 bucks for ten shells

It's a nice piece of land, but a couple lives on the property, so it's a pretty small setup.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Pick up a box of 7 1/2 shot from wall mart about $20 for 100 shells. Then go to an old apple orchard and get last yrs left over gourds and pumkins. Then PM me and come out here to Hancock County (to my house) and we will have some fun! We can shoot some wood ply E-siloettes if you want to also.

-Medic

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    putting in reduced recoil target loads and mixing in 3" magnum slugs= fun time when your buddy your taking out doesn't know it.

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm happy to report I finally got down to Campe Atterbury yesterday with my 870 and did some trap shooting with it. And I was horrible. I think I only hit two of the targets while my gf claims it was more like 4 or 5... but I think that may be wishful thinking. But it felt good to finally shoot the dang thing and get a feel for how I'm suppossed to handle it.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    there is a place in hancock county that you can shoot trap every weds... its like 5 bucks a round or something really reasonable... pretty close to the east side of marion county... PM redneckmedic and ask where it is. all proceeds support a 4-h youth shooting club

Top Bottom