Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Help choosing Optics

I have a CZ452 Lux in the closet that I want to bring out and dust off. I would like to find a glass that will work well with this gun and it's capabilities. My long term plan is to build some type of 'reach out and touch someone' platform, so I don't have a problem spending some extra on optics that I could move to that build when the day comes.

Don't really have much experience with rifles as I grew up with shotguns, but the wife bought me this gun some 7 or 8 years ago when we were dating and I haven't used it since we moved 3 years ago. I figure it is time to get proficient and work on my range.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

standeford

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What do you want to spend? A Premier Heritage would sit fine on top of a 452 Lux, but might be a bit on the spendy side for some.

Reardless, I'd look for scopes that focus down to 25 yards, which excludes quite a few higher end models meant for centerfires. You might not plan to shoot that close but it us nice to have if you do.

Something to consider when budgeting optics is that that rifle has an odd dovetail size (11mm) that will limit your choice in rings. Choices improve if you install a picatinny adapter, which I think Rimfire Technologies is making.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    As this is really my first scope I would like to keep in mind the law of diminishing returns. I don't mind spending some cash, but I want to be able to tell/use the difference at my stage of shooting.

Marshall74

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Michigan
    I have a CenterPoint 4-16x40 mm and its range is from 5 yards to infinity. Its a Illuminated Mil-dot. I just sighted it in yesterday, and it only took 5 or 6 shots. I got it from Walmart for $70. The Centerpoint scopes are tested on a .416 Rigby rifle, The bullet is almost as large as a .50 BMG! It is made very well. I would look into that one.
    The scope is an Adventure Class and has very good ratings. Walmart.com: CenterPoint 4-16x40mm Scope: Optics
    Center Point Optics : Rifle Scopes & Hunting Scopes
    Center Point Optics : Rifle Scopes & Hunting Scopes

Last edited:
    Top Bottom