• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bush13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2008
    I have a Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact. Great Carry Gun. Will shoot anything you put into it. You can get it for around $350 with 2 mags. Then buy two more mags for $40 each. Then buy custom holster from ubgholsters.com for $70.So for about $500 plus tax you can have a great gun with lots of mags and something to carry it with. Also consider the Thunder 9 High Capacity as it isn't too large to carry and has longer barrell and more mag cap than T9UC. Probably about 20-30 dollars more than UC. You should be able to find something in your range of great quality. Hope this helps.

bush13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2008
    I got it at Ranger Supply in Fort Wayne. Great guy to deal with. Ask for Russ. I was just on budsgunshop.com and the nickel thunder 9 high capacity was $356 delivered and $399 for same gun other than it was matte. I would check with your local dealer and see if he can order you one. Tough finding any gun right now with everyone buying them up after the election.

Impactguns.com is out of stock but taking orders at $330 range plus shipping and transfer fee I am sure.

Ableammo.com has T9HC for $353

Mini Firestorms are also the same as a Bersa Thunder 9 ultra compact.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    What have you handled? What have you held? See what points naturally for you and what you like the size of. Go to MC Sports on the west side, they have a ton of guns you can handle in person.

That being said, Glock 19. I don't like external safeties for the most part on my carry gun, too many variables, ie you're in a fight for your life and a grip safety isn't depressed, thumb safety gets hit on, etc. I know many ppl like em, I'm not one of 'em. :draw:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Plainfield Shooting Sports $579.00 + tax
    Springfield XDm in 9MM
    I'm just saying......................
    xdmwu3.jpg

xdm2qw3.jpg

xdm1js8.jpg

nobletucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have personally carried, CC, this year:
    Kel-tec PF9
    Taurus Mill Pro PT140
    Glock 23
    Glock 19
    And SA/XD 9

Dropped the Kel-Tec due to the heavy trigger pull
    Didn't like either of the Glocks due to the small grip, even w/ a sleeve over the grip. I guess if you are a person of a smaller frame/ height w/ smaller hands it may fit you well. But I had to see what all the hype was about Glocks, and was not impressed.
    Finally, I got an XD9. And that will be the one I feel most comfortable w/. I can hold it, and it doesn't feel like a child's toy cap gun. It has a "second safety" that the Glock does not have. Which the second safety should not be a selling point mind you. And the PT140 Pro was a little too heavy.
    XD would be a fine choice, this coming from someone who owns, carries, and shots an XD whenever he can. So far I have put possibly close to 2500-3000 rounds (including reloads) down the barrel, and have not a single thing to complain about. Good luck with your decision, and fondel as many handguns as you can before you make your decision.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Lots of great suggestions. Let me throw one more out there. Take a look at a SigPro 2022. You can get them for less than $500, they have a DA/SA trigger, and they are available in 9mm, .40 or .357 SIG. You can get good deals on them because of the arrival of the new SIG P250.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    What have you handled? What have you held? See what points naturally for you and what you like the size of. Go to MC Sports on the west side, they have a ton of guns you can handle in person.. :draw:
    Ill check them out, didnt think of them today when I was on the west side. Honestly, I did like handling the glock/ Only other handgun ive shot is a beretta m9

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Top reliability, never want to question whether it will work or not. I like the guns that you read about where people have fired 1000+ rounds without a single problem out of the box

The only gun that comes to mind, if this is your TOP priority, would be a Glock. I'm sure an XD would fit the bill as well, but they are not as time-tested as the ol' Glock.

Try this: Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri.

$385 for used Glock 17 with one magazine. Take the other $115 and invest in some personal protection ammo and an ACT Class, so you'll feel more comfortable handling it.

ACT: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ting_and_training_defensive_pistol_102_c.html

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I can't believe nobody here has mentioned Ruger. Plain, simple, built like a truck and can be had with a myriad of different safety "options". I bought a P95 with 2 mags a few months ago for $275. Get a couple more 17 rd mags from CDNN and a Uncle Mikes Kydex holster for $17 and you're all set. And this is from a guy who owns and shoots, SIGs, Colts, Berettas and Glocks.....

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    that XD9SC looks interesting...im learning quikcly that I may end up with more than 1 handgun in the next few months. Looking at the Beretta PX4 subcompact as well...price is a bit more manageable than the USP

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    as you can tell im all over the place, and now back to some original comments that I should get over the manual safetly issue on the glocks. Im gona shop for a glock 26. How does $550 for a new 26 with factory NS sound?frankly, I always thought glocks were much cheaper, but the NS does add value.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Im gona shop for a glock 26.

Will this ever be used as a carry piece?

If you are looking for something that will always stay in the house, I would go bigger (G17) for the increase in capacity, as well as the longer sight radius.

If you were looking for something that will always be carried, and you have other plans for a house gun, then I would go with the G26, as it is extremely concealable.

However, if this gun will ever fill BOTH roles, I would pick the G19, as it can do either with ease.

$550 for a brand new one seems about what you'd find with NS. However, no matter what model you choose, surely you can find a better deal here on INGO. Personally I'd try a used model and add whatever night sights you preferred later. Most used Glocks (any 9mm) go for about $400-$450. If you add your own night sights for $60, you're only looking at $460-$510. And plenty of fellow INGOers would be happy to install them for you.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    IMHO, your better off getting the G19 over the G26, the 19 conceals just as easy.

$550 for a brand new Glock with NS, is about the going rate.

I prefer a different sight arrangement and usually buy a new Glock with just the standard sights and change them out later.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom