• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    So jumped in my truck, ran to the wally-world and found the exact same MR. COFFEE that has greated me for the last 10 years.....
    there were cheers from the wife (and dear friend staying with us as he recovers from surgery)
    I guess $85 is a small price to pay.....and yes I will be getting a back up coffee pot......I don't know what I was ever thinking, I have a back up truck, a back up hand gun,a back up rifle, a back up set of tools, and I even keep my lawyer on retainer as a back , So Why didn't I have a back up coffee pot.....what kinda man am i???

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    So jumped in my truck, ran to the wally-world and found the exact same MR. COFFEE that has greated me for the last 10 years.....
    there were cheers from the wife (and dear friend staying with us as he recovers from surgery)
    I guess $85 is a small price to pay.....and yes I will be getting a back up coffee pot......I don't know what I was ever thinking, I have a back up truck, a back up hand gun,a back up rifle, a back up set of tools, and I even keep my lawyer on retainer as a back , So Why didn't I have a back up coffee pot.....what kinda man am i???
    WTF are you thinking? Did you pick up a back up when you went out today?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

You forgot back up girlfriend. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Electric options are convenient, but have a serious drawback. Only works where there are extra electrons and still has a heating element that can fail.
    French press is good coffee but if you're breaking out the tea kettle, what exactly did we accomplish tossing all those crates into the harbour?

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Stainless-Steel-Percolator-Cup/dp/B0009PUQSM
    or for some old-timey style
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PSDQ1M/ref=psdc_289746_t3_B0009PUQSM

Works with any heat source
    requires only water & grounds
    One-pot (less/no cleanup)
    travels well -- Take this on your camp-out and make friends with EVERYONE
    I've used my stainless camping percolator when I've had coffee makers die. Beats the heck out of driving to Walmart at 3:30 a.m. to buy a new one.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I've had horrible luck with Mr. Coffee. Can't get 2 years out of one. Best thing I've bought is a Bunn. Totally serviceable and makes a pot in 3 minutes. :rockwoot:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I've had horrible luck with Mr. Coffee. Can't get 2 years out of one. Best thing I've bought is a Bunn. Totally serviceable and makes a pot in 3 minutes. :rockwoot:

^ this right here^
    This guy gets it
    I remember growing up my aunt had a Bunn, She had the same one for about 20 yrs. and if they were awake there was coffee going

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I've used my stainless camping percolator when I've had coffee makers die. Beats the heck out of driving to Walmart at 3:30 a.m. to buy a new one.

But Walmart at 3:30 a.m. is when you get the best parking AND there's entertainment too. :):

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    But Walmart at 3:30 a.m. is when you get the best parking AND there's entertainment too. :):
    You my friend, aren't right. I know you know this. but, it is, entertaining. I have seen things at Walmart at 0330, that some people couldn't handle. Be careful in your travels.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Wal-Mart at 330 am with out coffee.......I thought the things I was seeing were my brain playing tricks on me cause of a lack of coffee

So the couple I saw wearing a trash can isn't normal?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wal-Mart at 330 am with out coffee.......I thought the things I was seeing were my brain playing tricks on me cause of a lack of coffee

So the couple I saw wearing a trash can isn't normal?

It depends, Oscar the Grouch trash can or something in a Devo look?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

True dat!! We've had a 10 cup Bunn for years. Our first one had a recall, maybe late-2005. We replaced that one sometime after we moved to this house in 2008, can't remember exactly when.

I run a Mr Coffee or a Black and Decker at work. Makes a lot fewer pots than the one at home, replace every two years if I'm lucky.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I bought a double walled glass one from William Sanoma for my wife. 50ish. She says keeps coffee hotter. Just s FYI.

Uhhh.... last count I had, the coffee isnt supposed to sit in it. Causes the grounds to keep steeping long after they shouldnt.

But if that's her thing, more power to her.

Top Bottom