• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yellowjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Ft wayne
    Is there any way to easily find a certain year shotgun. Because for the life of me I'm striking out. Might be weird to some but I would like to find a SxS made the year my dad was born and when my grandpa was born and my year. Coach gun would be perfect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I feel your pain. I've been looking for a Mossberg 183K shotgun for many years. It's a .410 bolt action I grew up with hunting rabbits. I'd love to have one for old times sake but just can't seem to find this unicorn!
    Keep looking at the shows and online. Maybe one day you'll find yours and I'll find mine.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Persistence and visiting shows will eventually bring success, I can say that based on personal experience.

Yellowjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Ft wayne
    O man I couldn't imagine trying to Find a specific gun I use to own. That would be almost impossible. I just want any old shotgun from that year. Thanks for the fast help and good luck on the rabbit gun danvoils. Leadeye great advice and you gave me an excuse to give my wife for many years of why I keep going to gun shows. Hell if I find them all, I'll just keep going back farther in the family tree so I can still have the same excuse. Nice

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    The only thing I could think of would be to narrow your list down to the specific models made that year, and attempt somehow to figure out a serial number range that matches that year. Print it out and start hitting the gun shows. There were lots of older guns like that at National Gun Day in Louisville last weekend, but not much of the stuff I was interested in.

Would be really neat if there was a gun that was in production during the range between your grandfathers birthday and yours, but that is probably unlikely.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    O man I couldn't imagine trying to Find a specific gun I use to own. That would be almost impossible. I just want any old shotgun from that year. Thanks for the fast help and good luck on the rabbit gun danvoils. Leadeye great advice and you gave me an excuse to give my wife for many years of why I keep going to gun shows. Hell if I find them all, I'll just keep going back farther in the family tree so I can still have the same excuse. Nice

Back in the 60s I received a Noble Arms .410 double as a Christmas gift, hunted with that for years and still have it. Twenty years later I picked up a 20 made by the same people at the MCSD auction. A little repair work and it joined the .410. I looked up the company, now long gone, the shotguns were just mediocre imports from Spain in .410. 20 and 12 so I started looking for a 12. Another 20 passes and I finally find a 12 at a small local gun show. You just have to be patient.:)

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I am very lucky to have my grandfather Winchester model 12 16 guage and my fathers auto 5 browning light 12 and the rem 870 my father bought me for my 16 birthday.

Funny by story dad took grandfathers model 12 duck hunting and the very first time he took it out the firing pin broke. I took a box of duck legal 16's and took it duck hunting. And the firing pin broke. Made in 1919 broke in 1956 fixed in 1956 broke in 1986 fixed in 1987. Ordered 3 firing pins when I fixed it in 1987. Good for my kids and their's.

Been fine since. Just strange that first time we take it hunting ducks(the prefect gun for that job) it broke both times.

kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    Is there any way to easily find a certain year shotgun. Because for the life of me I'm striking out. Might be weird to some but I would like to find a SxS made the year my dad was born and when my grandpa was born and my year. Coach gun would be perfect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

what years are you looking for?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I feel your pain. I've been looking for a Mossberg 183K shotgun for many years. It's a .410 bolt action I grew up with hunting rabbits. I'd love to have one for old times sake but just can't seem to find this unicorn!
    Keep looking at the shows and online. Maybe one day you'll find yours and I'll find mine.

I have something very close to what you are looking for.
    Check your pm's.

Top Bottom