Help..... Form 4 Problem Status. What would you do????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok so on Jan13 I sent in all of my paperwork to the BATF for my silencer. I waited and waited and darn near forgot about it. Come the end of April I decided wth why dont I call to check its status. So i called, and after giving the lady my name, serial #, and FFA where I bought it I was told that I is in Problem Status as of March 4. Since this is my first NFA item I was like ok what does that mean :dunno: she said I cant tell you but I can forward you to your examiner William Shipmen. So she forwarded my call to his line and no response just an answer machine. I left a message including my name,serial # and a question why it is in problem status. Well since the end of April Ive called multiple times only to get William Shipmen's answer machine and still not a response via mail or phone. I know they only have a few examiners for the whole country but man Id like to think when these problems arrive they would have someone looking into it instead of just throwing it in a pile till god knows when. This is when I turn to you :ingo: any ideas or recommendations???????

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    You can keep calling and try to get him. Your Form 4's will get kicked back to your dealer with a note explaining the problem. You can alert him to the problem and ask him to call you AS SOON as he gets them back.

Sometimes if you can reach the examiner, the problem is something small that can be cleared up over the phone. Usually, a correction needs to be made on the forms and you have to wait until they come back to the dealer.

Top Bottom