• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Seems like a common progression on Ingo. Join happy with your average gear, 4 years later have 15k+ in custom builds, a gunsmith on speed dial and a general disgust when you look back at your poor taste

1. You know you are scaring me, right? :laugh:
    2. I joined with only 2 pieces (sold 1 and the other contemplating its replacement), and 1 year later have over a dozen pieces (after going through over 2 dozen), almost had to use a gunsmith (but sold piece to someone who fixed it), bought a safe and having more fun than in a long time, with some thinking I'm daft for some things I've bought, and daft for some things I've sold and not kept. :dunno:
    3. It's been a year and I am quite pleased.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    1. You know you are scaring me, right? :laugh:
    2. I joined with only 2 pieces (sold 1 and the other contemplating its replacement), and 1 year later have over a dozen pieces (after going through over 2 dozen), almost had to use a gunsmith (but sold piece to someone who fixed it), bought a safe and having more fun than in a long time, with some thinking I'm daft for some things I've bought, and daft for some things I've sold and not kept. :dunno:
    3. It's been a year and I am quite pleased.

One of my first posts was about building budget AR15s...:ingo:

Attachments

• IMG_20180520_232659321_LL.jpg
      IMG_20180520_232659321_LL.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 4

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Seems like a common progression on Ingo. Join happy with your average gear, 4 years later have 15k+ in custom builds, a gunsmith on speed dial and a general disgust when you look back at your poor taste

Lulz, isn't that the common progression for any hobby? Start off cheap with starter gear, learn the limitations and/or break it, go into quality gear...then get the "itch" and get into ridiculously high end stuff?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Lulz, isn't that the common progression for any hobby? Start off cheap with starter gear, learn the limitations and/or break it, go into quality gear...then get the "itch" and get into ridiculously high end stuff?

Especially for those of us that seek out a forum full of codependents and enablers

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Especially for those of us that seek out a forum full of codependents and enablers

1. I'm laughing at that b/c I have gotten my fair share of criticism in the past for my "newbie" rabbit holes I've gone down,
    but got so much encouragement when I actually bought a "real" gun that cost more than a couple hundred when I bought a Ruger 1911 5" Gov't. model, which was very modest by the standards of the big boys here who can sock $1000s into a sweet 1911.
    2. With all the encouragement it's a wonder I didn't move up to a Dan Wesson right away. :laugh:
    3. Just recently I bought an FNS Longslide (for a S/W price, though :lmfao:), and was treated well, like when I bought a Ruger Security Six.
    4. Didn't pay big bucks but at least they were respectable tools. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom