• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    Tell her to part with the dog and then let her come stay with you until she can find something on her own. Her life is worth more than a dog.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm sure someone will foster her dog for a while. Get you daughter HOME. Let the "bff" know she is not welcome at your place. Period.

Also sounds like your daughter might have just had a good (as in bad) learning experience. Time for some new/better friends and a tad less stress in her life!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm glad you can find a little humor in this. Bill. I had to chuckle at the app. :)

This is one of those moments where your daughter is learning a very hard life lesson. Know who you are going to live before you move in, whether it is a spouse or "bff." You know she has to get out of there ASAP. I appreciate your concern for the roomate concerning her finances, but family safety comes first.
    I would speak with friends in LE and see what can, if anything, can be done concerning the roomate's indescretions with a gun.
    I will be praying for a positive outcome for you and your family.

Thank you. Humor, in whatever small quantity, is what helps keep me sane. Lord help whoever's around when I can't find any.... no, that's not a threat, either general or specific, just a recognition of how important it is IMHO to keep perspective. However stressful my life may be at any given moment, in the grand scheme, my personal concerns and stresses are of little moment.

Again, though I've specifically answered only a couple of you directly, 7th Stepper's and my thanks go to everyone who's offered thoughts or advice.

Blessings,
    Bill

bubba16430

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    logansport
    Bill, Hope your daughter is safe. Loved the app, also printed your rules for dating. Then posted them on my front door. Again i hope all is well.
    Bubba

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    I can't believe I even need to type this... pick up a phone book and find a boarding kennel, drop the dog off and get the girl out of there... you can work out a more permanent solution later.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I fail to see a conundrum. There is only one solution if your daughter's life is truly in danger and that is to have her move immediately. As for you wanting to make sure her roommate never gets a lifetime license to carry, that's a pretty nasty thing to do.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    Brandishing is definitely a crime, but unless you can get your daughter to testify, it won't go anywhere.

However, she did commit a felony when she recklessly pointed the pistol at your face.
    Indiana Code 35-47-4
    Call the police, get a report filed, explain the situation, and see if they can get charges filed.
    A felony conviction for this should solve a number of the problems this individual presents to the general public.

I agree with the others. Get your daughter out of there ASAP.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So what's the update? Is the daughter at home or some other safe place? Is somebody dog-sitting until she gets a place friendly to her furkid? What happened?

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    If it was one of my daughters she would be back in my house protected by me and my 2nd amendment right. Get her safe then figure out the rest.

God Bless you in your decision.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I didnt take the time to read the other replies, so sorry if this is repetitive. If it is then so be it , it needs to be said.....

GO! NOW! get your kid out of that place now!!!!!!!
    how can you wait one minute?
    You say you need help yesterday? What are you waiting for?
    I am dead serious.... I have two daughters, one is out of town being a nanny for the summer, and the other just moved out last weekend!
    I have two empty bedrooms available for a short term if for some reason you won't take your own daughter into your home. ( don't take this the wrong way)

I'm literally shaking as I'm typing! As a father, I can only speak for myself.... I would have physically pulled my kid out of that situation as soon as I knew what you know!

I may have read it wrong, but it sounded like the "drunk, crazy, chick was the driver that night!? And the others only put her gun under her seat?????

I must be missing something! If so, feel free to fill me in!

I don't care about a lease, a dog, a "BFF", or any other excuse, IF I FEEL MY CHILD IS IN A DANGEROUS SITUATION, I AM DOING EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO GET HER OUT OF IT!!!!!!!

Please don't take this as anything but concern for your daughter! And I am serious about the room!

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Is She out yet???

I hope by now you have your Daughter out of that environment??
    IMO, as said before, put the dog in a kennel+get your child out of harms way.
    You can sort out the dog thing/nut case room mate/etc later..Bill.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Regardless of personal affection for an animal a human life is always going to be more valuable..... in regards to brandishing a firearm...... I'm not %100 sure but I'm pretty sure that brandishing any kind of weapon whether is be a firearm or a bat is considered a criminal act of intimidation

IC 35-45-2-1
    Intimidation

(2) Class C felony if, while committing it, the person draws or uses a deadly weapon.
    (c) "Threat" means an expression, by words or action, of an intention to:
    (1) unlawfully injure the person threatened or another person, or damage property;
    (2) unlawfully subject a person to physical confinement or restraint;
    (3) commit a crime;
    (4) unlawfully withhold official action, or cause such withholding;
    (5) unlawfully withhold testimony or information with respect to another person's legal claim or defense, except for a reasonable claim for witness fees or expenses;
    (6) expose the person threatened to hatred, contempt, disgrace, or ridicule;
    (7) falsely harm the credit or business reputation of the person threatened; or
    (8) cause the evacuation of a dwelling, a building, another structure, or a vehicle

Personally I would contact the police immediately after getting my daughter out of the house until the police arrive and remove her whether by arrest or order to vacate..... After that I would have my daughter establish a no contact order via the courts system so that the roomate in question would have no choice but to leave the property..... unless the roomate in question is the lease holder.... In that case....... Find a nice studio apartment that any working person can afford on a monthly salary..... Best of luck to you and I hope this information can be useful

Thanks for the great info, I'm contacting a friend of mine on the PD to find out what we can do. The lease holder is the friend, our daughter was just staying there till she could find a better place. BOY did that backfire on her!

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    The dog in question is a "therapy dog", and protected by the same laws that "service dogs" are. It's not a matter of affection, it's a matter of survival!

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Thank you! BTW, I have known several "Reserve PO's" in my time on this earth, and you are a very important and vital part of our society, community, and general well being! Consider yourself appreciated, at least by this family! The situation has mostly been resolved, now we're just waiting for the bodies and trucks to move her stuff out. She has moved in with......well, just lets say an appropriate person, and will be well protected till she gets her own place. Which will happen within the next week or sooner. As I stated before, her dog is a "therapy dog" and has the same rights a "service dog" has, but for different reasons. We can not shelter him elsewhere without her, SHE would suffer because of it. So we're moving Heaven & Hell to get her out, ASAP!

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    LOL His list of rules is NOTHING compared to the ones I have! She's an only, and we protect her very well. Just letting you know tho that I found your post amusing as well as well intentioned, But.....please believe me that "The Wrath of God" has nothing on "The Wrath of MOM!" :-)

Top Bottom