• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Wanted to share a recent experience and ask for some opinions and suggestions. Went to the 1500 with some friends this month and saw the Shark-Tac booth. I've seen it there quite a few times and I finally was curious enough to order one of their holsters...sounded pretty convenient. Order there, browse the show for 3 hrs then pick up my new holster and leave. So I ordered a FDE holster for my 4" xds. Waited about 2.5 hrs and my friends were getting antsy to leave so I swung back by their booth. The guy went to check on my rig and said they had made it in 3.3" not 4". He was apologetic and said they would ship it to me for free, and I should get it in the next week. Since the show, I've emailed two different addresses and called the number on the business card he gave me. The phone number is "not accepting" calls and my emails are not being answered. Starting to think I got scammed... Anyone have any experience with these jokers?! I guess luckily enough I did use my credit card so I can file a claim against them if they don't respond to me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No experience with them, but given you cant contact them, and the phone is effectively disconnected, I'd dispute the charge out of an abundance of caution. The phone issue is the red flag for me. Primarily because that error is a polite and discrete way for the carrier to say "this deadbeat didnt pay his bill so we have shut him off until he does."

Dispute the charge. I'm not saying you should do it soon. you should do it yesterday. If it turns out later there was an honest mistake, you can always pay them again.

And I wonder if this plays out badly, if you can send a note to the 1500 folks and let them know he scammed you? It could prevent them from returning next show and causing other problems for others.

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Shame on me for not just buying a raven...:bash:. Thanks for the advice guys. Glad to know I wasn't being too hasty with the itch to call MasterCard. First time in my life that I'm glad I didn't pay cash for something.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    I've bought multiple holsters from them over several years and love their holsters, but I've always gotten them at the gun show. I'd be annoyed too if I didn't have the holster yet, but I sure wouldn't expect them to be intentionally trying to rip you off. I definitely wouldn't consider them "jokers" and their holsters have a great reputation of being durable.

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    I would dispute the charge and go buy a Raven Concealment holster.

I purchased an OWB holster from Sharktac for my G19 w/ a surefire x300. Made the original purchase around 9:30 am on Saturday morning of a show in October (I believe). Was told that my holster would be done by 1:00 PM. Went back at 1:00 to no holster. Was told to come back by the end of the day and it would be finished. Came back just before close, no holster. Received apologetic speech and was asked to pick it up the next day... came back just before close on Sunday... NO HOLSTER. I was then told they would mail it to me within a week. Would you like to guess how that worked out?... yea, nothing! I followed up every week for 2 months and never received a returned call or email.

Solution: I showed up at the January show with a nice big stack of flyers explaining my experience. Walked up to the booth, showed them the flyer and told them I would stand there handing them out and telling people about my horrible expirience unless they made my holster on the spot or gave me my money back. They made the holster in a very quick fashion... I wish they would have given me my money back... I have a RCS holster now anyways.

Good luck.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I found them a little fishy myself at the 1500. I didn't like his attitude towards a complaining customer when he was also told 30 minutes. His loss, let's make sure this ass sack gets some bad reviews.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I would dispute the charge and go buy a Raven Concealment holster.

I purchased an OWB holster from Sharktac for my G19 w/ a surefire x300. Made the original purchase around 9:30 am on Saturday morning of a show in October (I believe). Was told that my holster would be done by 1:00 PM. Went back at 1:00 to no holster. Was told to come back by the end of the day and it would be finished. Came back just before close, no holster. Received apologetic speech and was asked to pick it up the next day... came back just before close on Sunday... NO HOLSTER. I was then told they would mail it to me within a week. Would you like to guess how that worked out?... yea, nothing! I followed up every week for 2 months and never received a returned call or email.

Solution: I showed up at the January show with a nice big stack of flyers explaining my experience. Walked up to the booth, showed them the flyer and told them I would stand there handing them out and telling people about my horrible expirience unless they made my holster on the spot or gave me my money back. They made the holster in a very quick fashion... I wish they would have given me my money back... I have a RCS holster now anyways.

Good luck.

You're nicer than I would have been. Nothing short of cash back in my hand would have sufficed and I'd have probably set the flyers down somewhere and forgotten to pick them back up before leaving the show.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    My experience is from the shows. Back when Raven did the shows, we used to send people to them to have sheaths made "while you wait". When Shark showed up, the guys at Raven had shirts made up saying something about imitation and flattery :): To say that the Shark products were less than comprable is an understatement. The workmanship showed an lack of attention to detail vs others. You got what you paid for... if you got it.
    I would recommend getting your card company involved and to everybody else...... buyer beware

Bob

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Checked the thread before heading to bed and wanted to post an update. I was contacted within 15 minutes of posting this thread via pm by another member who had the owner of Shark Tac's info. I've been informed that upon return from his family vacation my order will be made right. So I've decided to wait a bit before filing any sort of claim w the credit company. The group in charge of the indy 1500 will be notified accordingly with the outcome and I will post an update when this is resolved either way. I wanted to give a big thanks to INGO members for your advice and support this far. Without you I would either feel like an ass for filing without giving a small business owner a chance or completely helpless bc I wouldn't have had contact with the business. This simply reaffirms my belief that this forum is great. I really appreciate all of your collective knowledge on multiple topics.

Also....how about those Hoosiers?!? Way to recover from that early deficit tonight to bring home the win in MI!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Still no bueno. You shouldnt have to know somebody to get the owner's personal contact info to get your stuff. Too many reports of arm twisting to simply get them to do what they were supposed to do the first time for me to consider them a reputable company.

Communication. They fail. They fail to have a working phone number. They fail to respond to emails. They fail to either assign a temporary contact while on vacation, or setup an automatic reply stating they are out of the office for a period and will respond eventually.

If you cant even master basic customer service/communication, you shouldnt be doing business.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Every time I even think of buying something NOT from Raven or Comp-Tac threads like these remind me why I buy from Raven and Comp-Tac. I ordered my Raven Phantom last Monday for my new G43. Shipped Wednesday and I received on Friday. THAT is how business is done! Yeah, $85 isn't chump change to dole out for a piece of plastic but the Raven people are some seriously high-quality folks and I've yet to find a similarly styled piece that is as nice as theirs. Love Live Raven and hopefully you get your stuff!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Every time I even think of buying something NOT from Raven or Comp-Tac threads like these remind me why I buy from Raven and Comp-Tac. I ordered my Raven Phantom last Monday for my new G43. Shipped Wednesday and I received on Friday. THAT is how business is done! Yeah, $85 isn't chump change to dole out for a piece of plastic but the Raven people are some seriously high-quality folks and I've yet to find a similarly styled piece that is as nice as theirs. Love Live Raven and hopefully you get your stuff!

You should look in to Henry Holsters!

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Wanted to share a recent experience and ask for some opinions and suggestions. Went to the 1500 with some friends this month and saw the Shark-Tac booth. I've seen it there quite a few times and I finally was curious enough to order one of their holsters...sounded pretty convenient. Order there, browse the show for 3 hrs then pick up my new holster and leave. So I ordered a FDE holster for my 4" xds. Waited about 2.5 hrs and my friends were getting antsy to leave so I swung back by their booth. The guy went to check on my rig and said they had made it in 3.3" not 4". He was apologetic and said they would ship it to me for free, and I should get it in the next week. Since the show, I've emailed two different addresses and called the number on the business card he gave me. The phone number is "not accepting" calls and my emails are not being answered. Starting to think I got scammed... Anyone have any experience with these jokers?! I guess luckily enough I did use my credit card so I can file a claim against them if they don't respond to me.
    Sorry you had an issue with Shark-Tac. Maybe this is why I do business with Harvey's Holsters Harvey's Holsters - Custom Gun Holsters, Hybrid Holsters, Custom Made Holsters Good honest people and their quality is superb!

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Honestly there are more good holster makers out there than bad ones. I've had just as many good experiences with small business guys as I have with the "big dogs" of holsters. I've only ever had one problem, and it was resolved at no cost to me.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    HPClayto.
    He's a member here, and does his biz a little different. I send him payment and he sends me a quality piece of kydex in return.......................EVERYTIME.

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington

You're correct 85$ is not chump change. Neither is the 105$ I paid Shark Tac. I mistakenly did not check out the website before hand. Just ASSumed since they had been at The 1500 for years they were reputable. Clearly my mistake. I agree with Camera monkey on the arm twisting as well. I'm not saying I agree with this dodgy customer satisfaction business model or that I'll do business with them again. I am saying I'll give them the chance to fulfill this order I've already placed. We'll go from there. I do plan on snagging a phantom holster from Raven for another gun and look forward to a comparison between the two.

Top Bottom