• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    All ...here is a google earth photo of the land i get to hunt.

Approx 35 acres

Image shows the area approx where the property line is I am allowed to hunt inside yellow lines.

Blue line signifies a small creek that runs between two ridges.

Red dot is where I have my stand. Killed my 10 point there...dad got a 6 and a few does last year from the stand.

We have hunted down in the valley by the stream and have seen some deer but its hit or miss.

To the SE of the picture is 160 acres where I think they bed. These two fields in the yellow ring are just long grass no crops. No crops in any of the fields around...bummer.

Just curious if anyone sees a good stand location.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Pink squares are other places I would put a stand/ground blind.

But, I like your original stand also.

2cqy4us.jpg

Uconas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Also, open fields are great for does and bucks will walk the down wind edges during the rut to do quick scent checks of entire woodlots for hot does.
    i agree
    i see at least 4 good bottlenecks 1 to the northeast, 2 around the southeast, 3 southwest and 4 west. now from the map you have it looks like you have the red dot overlooking the field and it looks like the terrain is somewhat flat there

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    The area due west of my red dot on the other side of the small field area is the top of a ridge they cruise that runs east west. The buck came up the side of that ridge right accross the edge of the clearing heading east to cross directly south of my stand.

I agree, I think I have some Southwest areas I need to spend more time on. I am the only known hunter on the property...dads high school friends land. But we did find two really nice stands on the property when we first started hunting here 3 years ago. They guy thinks it might be his neighbors stands who he said he didnt care if he also used it but couldnt recall if he had asked him.

So I am leary about leavings cams up since I am 60 miles away. I wish I owned that land...wouldnt it make an awesome place to plant a plot in the small field!

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    The area due west of my red dot on the other side of the small field area is the top of a ridge they cruise that runs east west. The buck came up the side of that ridge right accross the edge of the clearing heading east to cross directly south of my stand.

I agree, I think I have some Southwest areas I need to spend more time on. I am the only known hunter on the property...dads high school friends land. But we did find two really nice stands on the property when we first started hunting here 3 years ago. They guy thinks it might be his neighbors stands who he said he didnt care if he also used it but couldnt recall if he had asked him.

So I am leary about leavings cams up since I am 60 miles away. I wish I owned that land...wouldnt it make an awesome place to plant a plot in the small field!

During winter walk the property aftre weve had a week of snow on the ground and you will see the major trails/ bedding areas they use. Place stands for next year using the info.

Uconas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    clover is very easy to grow.
    if you dont have machines to help you plant, go in right before the first snow or while the first snow is dropping and spread the clover seeds and let nature take its course. you will have to at sometime and cut the weeds and grass, about a month to 6 weeks before season

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Hmm. Better let me come hunt it with you for the next 5-10 years, so we can really get a true assessment of the land. Not fair to let you do it by yourself, or even with someone else.:):

Top Bottom