• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I am a fan of a short blade, around 3 inches or so. This year my field dressing knife will be a BK11. It has the blade length I prefer, durable, and very easy to clean. However I will also have a larger knife with me for other tasks that I might need to do.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    So I'm still looking for that perfect knife... I'm glad my ESEE collection can handle what I need done, but I think I want something a little more heirloom quality... I know its just a tool, but do you know what I mean... I want my son to admire that knife for the next 30 years so when I give it to him when he's my age he might choke up a bit... maybe I'm being to dramatic about this whole thing, but I don't have squat form my late father and wished I did...

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I use the ESEE 4 to gut out deer. Works like a champ! You can get away with using the 3 but I personally prefer the extra length and width of the 4 especially if you don't split the breast bone. Reaching in and cutting the wind pipe on a large deer, you'll be thankful for the extra length. Plus, if you split the pelvic bone, that 4 will do a better job.

The 3 is great for birds and squirrels and for skinning out deer.

Although I haven't used the Laser Strike on a deer, I can see the spear point being very advantageous.

The BHK Large Work Horse looks pretty good to me... Sheila, do you sell these?

I agree. That thing is sweet and I'm interested as well Sheila.

Cyprant, I know what you mean about giving something to your boy. My step father passed along an old Buck Hunter that was stolen from me a few years later. I'm ddefinitely looking for something to give my baby boy!

Tranquil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Plainfield
    I just bought a Mora 546. Perfect for field dressing, very sharp, and only 10$!

I don't buy expensive knives, my budget doesn't allow it. Obviously you're looking for a really good blade but if you need a backup, check out the Morakniv company. Apparently they are amazing for the price.

Top Bottom