• ...and so much more!
  • sngehl01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2018
    Elizabeth
    I had great luck building my own.

It is like a lansky, but on a bigger scale. Was helpful when I built a few knives. Now I just load it up with fine grit sandpapers. A knife maker named Gough has a great video on youtube on how to build one

PolishBulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 22, 2018
    Portage
    If you're looking into the guided stone systems like the Wicked Edge but don't want to break the bank on such a premium system, check out KME Sharpeners. You can find them on Amazon or their own website and that is what I ended up going with. There is something about creating a repeatable angle to make sharpening easier and with better results. It's been fun learning the system and I've been happy with the results. A buddy of mine has the Wicked Edge if you want to go that route and it's an amazing system. I just went a cheaper route and have been pleased.

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    I use that same Lansky kit however I picked up the sapphire stone separate as well as a leather strop and some green compound. For my uses it's perfect, most of the time for just touching up the blade I'll start with the 600grit stone at 25° and work my way up to the leather strop and it'll be hair popping sharp. So far I haven't had any reason to venture from this kit.

Top Bottom