Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    And give a reason... My choices are:

Mosin Nagant m38
    Sks (Yugo, Norinco, etc)
    RIA 1911 full size tactical
    Ruger Sr45
    Other (What/why)

Currently have 2 bolts (91/30 and 30.06), a 10/22 and Ruger p95.

What do you guys think?

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    3.8 xdm 9mm.... Sweet gun, easy to conceal, lots of stuff comes with it.... And if u but it and dnt like it u can always give it to me as a gift... I regret getting rid of mine, but I got a Jericho .45 out of it.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Personally I'd go with a Shotgun (Moss 500 or Rem 870) . If you don't have one yet, that's the direction I'd go.
    Otherwise I'd say the SKS actual battle rifle, not a made for import version (built heavier and better) cause... that's what I've got, and that's what I know.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Personally I'd go with a Shotgun (Moss 500 or Rem 870) . If you don't have one yet, that's the direction I'd go.
    Otherwise I'd say the SKS actual battle rifle, not a made for import version (built heavier and better) cause... that's what I've got, and that's what I know.

This. Henry is wise beyond his years, shotgun all the way!

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    I cant believe it took 5 posts for someone to say ar15. Lol. Personally I am not much of a shotgun guy (although I do want a break action single shot 12 gauge for entertainment purposes) and not an ar guy either. I am very into curio 40s-60s era milsurp rifles and whatever seems to strike my fancy. Ak m1 garand are on the list but out of the budget.

Atlas5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    You already have the bolt action rifle, the handgun and the .22 areas covered. Between your choices you listed i would go with the SKS. They're still relatively inexpensive and when the gun market gets back to normal the ammo isn't all that expensive either. You also have the added benefit of plenty of spare parts out there. I got a nice Norinco recently and I'm very happy with it.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    I was also kinda on the sks train. I have a carbine mn coming in a trade now that just panned out today so the sks is sounding more and more like the next culprit. A lot easier to find than the ria 1911 or all black sr45 too...

hayseed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Frankfort,Indiana
    well if you dont own a shotgun I would go with a Mossberg 500 12 ga. there are many versions all are good cruizer,persuader,I got the one that came with 2 barrels and a pistol grip, I dont use the pistol grip,but the 18" barrel and the 28" barrels are super nice 1 for home defense and 1 for hunting or trap,, I think mine was Model#51482 home defense,,but I also have a Ruger SR1911 45 acp what an awesome gun,just great out of the box..

hayseed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Frankfort,Indiana
    but once you get the necessities out of the way go for the Mosin Nagant while you can there getting a little scarce I have the 91/30 round rec, and the Hex they are awesome cheap and accurate ,and whole lot of fun,,if you need help finding one let me know I can help with finding you the gun or ammo :)

mattritchie238

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I'm forced to ask the age old question of "what are you going to use it for?" All of my firearms have intended purposes (well, some of them are just awesome and I absolutely had to have them). But on a serious note, knowing what your needs are would really help entice some helpful responses.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I'm forced to ask the age old question of "what are you going to use it for?" All of my firearms have intended purposes (well, some of them are just awesome and I absolutely had to have them). But on a serious note, knowing what your needs are would really help entice some helpful responses.

^^^ This. Its hard to recommend a firearm to someone when we don't know what you want to do.

With that being said, you already have a mil-surp rifle, a hunting rifle, a .22, and a handgun. The only thing missing is a shotgun, which I recommend an 870 to fill that void.

Top Bottom