• ...and so much more!
  • Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I'm looking to get another 9mm. I'm looking at either a Springfield XD 9mm or a SIGPRO 2022 9MM. There are both about the same price point so which one is would be better for a carry pistol? Any advice appreciated.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think the Sig has one external safety where the XD hasn't.That depends if you are comfortable carrying a gun without a safety or not.
    It also depends if you have other guns and what they are.
    For me the XD is too "Glock-like", so if you already have a Glock I would go with the Sig (if you are not bothered by its safety).

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    If you want a striker fired weapon, go for the xD, but if you want double action/single action go for the Sig, they are both good choices but it all comes down to what you want. As for safeties, the xD has a grip safety and the Sig has no external safety, unless you count the de-cocker.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    What about the SIG 250?...neat guns and multiple calibers with different barrels,and frames

Last edited:

chadc11

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Venice, FL
    I have the 2022 and I love it. Very accurate out of the box and the trigger is as smooth as silk. I had heard a lot of hype about the Sig DA/SA trigger and believe me, it's all true. I was also looking at the P250 because you can get the compact and it would be easier to carry, but it is a DAO pistol. IMO, if you are going to get a Sig, you should get one with the DA/SA trigger. As far as being able to carry it, get a good holster. I never really intended this to be a CC gun, but got a cheap IWB holster for it just to hold me over until I got something smaller. I could kinda conceal it, but it printed. I think with a crossbreed type holster, you would get better results.

mpluers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    I would add the XDM 3.8 to the mix - it's moderately more expensive, but you gain a lot of options (including grip/capacity length).

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    You really can't go wrong either way. I just picked up my first XD last week and I really like it so far. It feels great in the hand and if you buy a new one now you can get in on the Springfield Gear Up promotion. Either way I think you will be happy.

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    I think the sig pro has a hammer I don't know if your looking for that but you might take that into consideration. I've heard great things about it as well but I'm a sig guy and don't know much about the xdm

mpluers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    +1 on the SPringfield promotion - it comes with either 2 or three mags, and you the promotion is for another 3

Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    After looking carefully, I would like an XDM more. Springfield's promotion had a lot to do with this decision but I think I'm gonna wait until the next gun show and hopefully get it on a deal.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom