• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    The guy has been here two years and made more than half of his posts in an hour. One of those posts he suggests I watch a YouTube video? I guess could also Google how to coyote hunt. Neither seem as much fun as interacting with guys from Indiana. That’s the reason for my cynicism. Not sure what my post count has to do with anything.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I saw one while driving home from work last night after dark, he was in a ditch and I picked him up in my headlights as I was rounding a curve. If we humans could see in the dark, we'd see a lot more of them as they tend to be nocturnal critters. Might be fun with a thermal night vision scope, there are posts on INGO about hunting coyote with them.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The bait is drawing them in...getting some good pictures on the cameras. It is supposed to snow for the weekend so maybe we can add to the count!

Z2pGzcG.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That's actually a good pic. Too bad it wasn't through a scope.

I'm hoping it will be soon. He's going back out tonight. This guy is on the camera multiple times throughout the night as well. I'm pretty sure we are seeing this one a lot based on the way his hair is broken over his shoulders and his size. This is going to be a good spot for hunting...hasn't been hunted before and is bordering a swampy area that they go in and out of all night long.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Finally put some stuff together and made it out last night and this morning. I wound up with a Foxpro patriot with the attached decoy. Also picked up a cyclops predator light, with interchangeable red or green led module. I hunted several spots, mostly on edges of the field, for about an hour or so each. Nothing yet to contribute to the counter thread, but I really had a blast. Heard decent amount of howling nearby and had one very close barking, but not coming in sight. Also had either a fox or bobcat (skittish and fast) come out to check the “distressed rabbit”. I wound up using the green light, as it created a much better contrast to my red dot sight. The little critters eyes lit up very bright. Pretty amazing. The whole thing reminded me of turkey hunting, except at night with lights. Pretty cool. I did get out a little late, after 10pm. Not sure if there would have been more activity a bit earlier. Thanks for all the pointers to get me up and running!

cgaustin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2017
    greenwood
    I’ve always had the best luck at night with snow covered fields or full moon with no light. Without snow or full moon early morning has been best for me. Mouth calls have also been my go to. Rabbit distress call. Good luck hunting it’s addicting, I wish the pelts were worth something again, I would hunt more. Can’t wait until bobcats are legal!!!

Top Bottom