• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    Make sure you get actual leather, not the "Genuine/Bonded leather" stuff that they sell in the big box stores. "Genuine/Bonded leather" is a marketing/trade term that is basically the MDF of leather. It is still leather in the strictest sense of the word, but it is shredded and pressed leather with a fabric or vinyl backing. These grades can be as low as 18% actual leather and still qualify as "genuine leather"

Good to know! Sort of like a McD's "chicken patty". 30% actual mystery meat, the rest is made of cardboard, sand, lawn trimmings, who knows. Yeah, I always thought leather either was or wasn't real leather.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I was lurking and decided to buy one of those daltech smooth bullhide black belt, doesnt look very fashionable, but I'll give it a shot. I liked the looks of the soe better, but the price just wasnt worth it to me.

Popacap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    In an earlier post, some smart ass told you to Google gun belts, there are dozens of them? Wow, my guess you were looking for some actual experience with quality belts from personal use?

I've used some of the Wilson Gun Leather products. I especially like their "shark skin" but they have reg. leather as well. I've had a 1911 pancake holster (shark skin), dual mag. holder with belt (1 1/4") for 15+ years and it looks brand new. I conceal carry everyday. I've also have most recently enjoyed a great belt from "Bullhide Belts" distressed leather with a zip compartment for hiding cash. I use this as well for concealed carry. The thickness is your friend with any heavy gun.

Hope this helps!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    In an earlier post, some smart ass told you to Google gun belts, there are dozens of them? Wow, my guess you were looking for some actual experience with quality belts from personal use?

He didn't tell him to "Google" gun belts, he suggested the OP search INGO for threads on the topic, because there are several and many of these threads are full of people posting actual experiences from personal use.

dljx3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    I remain a big fan of Jerry Bissel belts. Full leather, cutomizable. I wear one everyday and have for the past 3 years. Still stiff and I am really hard on belts. His nephew runs the place now and can be found at armourbelts.com

Top Bottom