• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • norsk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    I want to go shooting tomorrow, but I don't know where to go. I know there is a sticky about this, and I know there are several posts, but I don't want to wade through pages of useless info to find what I want. Here are my desires:
    - Close to my house (I live in Beech Grove)
    - Outdoor
    - I can shoot handgun and rifle (sks)
    - I don't have to become a member or anything similar; I just want to go and shoot tomorrow
    - I don't want to pay a fortune for range fees

I realize I may not be able to find a place the meets all these desires, so I am willing to comprise on some/all of them. But, given what I would like, where would you suggest I do? Thanks!

DaCoach

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Greenwood
    I want to go shooting tomorrow, but I don't know where to go. I know there is a sticky about this, and I know there are several posts, but I don't want to wade through pages of useless info to find what I want. Here are my desires:
    - Close to my house (I live in Beech Grove)
    - Outdoor
    - I can shoot handgun and rifle (sks)
    - I don't have to become a member or anything similar; I just want to go and shoot tomorrow
    - I don't want to pay a fortune for range fees

I realize I may not be able to find a place the meets all these desires, so I am willing to comprise on some/all of them. But, given what I would like, where would you suggest I do? Thanks!

I would head down to Atterbury. From your list of demands, it should suit you just fine. Here is a link to their new Website:

Atterbury Shooting Complex

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The other choice would be the Wilber Wright DNR range on the northeast side of New Castle. It is free, has 5 or 6 25 yard benches, six 50 yard benches, and a shotgun range. The only thing I don't like about it is if you want to shoot self protection ranges with pistols. 25 yards is as short as it gets, but it is FREE!

Atterbury is a great place to shoot pistol due to there true pistol target setup. As to the cost, what is a fortune to some is a bargain to others.

Good luck! Have fun!

dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Atterbury absolutely rocks!

After being charged hidden fees in addition to already exorbitant ones, I'm fed up with the local ranges.

Atterbury is actually an excellent deal: $6 an hour per lane-- doesn't matter if you have multiple shooters with you on your lane.

Takes a minute to get to Edinburgh from Indy, but it's good to get away from the city.

There's a cool free outdoor Army Armor museum across the street & an archery range close by as well.

I went last weekend for the first time in months & the guy at the counter was very down to earth-- in gun store & range venues, that element is often Missing in Action.

Hope the members here at INGO eventually adopt the Atterbury range as home grounds.

I'll be sure to see some of you there! :rockwoot:

MJ317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Greenwood
    Atterbury Shooting Complex :yesway:
    Shotgun

$6 per round ($4/round with Rewards Card)
    Rifle/Pistol

$6 per hour ($4/hour with Rewards Card)
    * Show your military ID to receive the Rewards Card pricing.

MJ317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Greenwood
    Don' know. Did not know they gave a discount for Active Duty until I went in in my uniform and changed into civi's. I think it is just Active Duty and Law Enforcement. I will check today and post later.

pankake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2010
    SE Indy
    My son and I live southside Indy and make the trip to Crosley DNR range. It's free, 20 to 200 yards available, have not seen it real busy, can post targets anytime we need as long as no one else is shooting our lane, but everyone works together there if it is busy, which I have only seen once before the summertime hours started. It is a little rough to post targets right now, the stands need to be replaced but we have managed stapling and taping.

Top Bottom