• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I am a member of several different survival forums, but am very dissatisfied with them. They are extremely conservative, ( to the point of being anti anything except white christians)and to be honest, I am gettin very little out of them, because for every one article on preparedness, there are half a dozen on " the invading muslim problem", or " the homosexual agenda", etc. etc. etc. This is just not my bag, and I would really like to find some preparedness forums out there that are not like this. Can anyone help with that?

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I am a member of several different survival forums, but am very dissatisfied with them. They are extremely conservative, ( to the point of being anti anything except white christians)and to be honest, I am gettin very little out of them, because for every one article on preparedness, there are half a dozen on " the invading muslim problem", or " the homosexual agenda", etc. etc. etc. This is just not my bag, and I would really like to find some preparedness forums out there that are not like this. Can anyone help with that?

Good luck brother, I feel your pain!!! :thumbsup:
    :cheers:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The wilderness and survival forum on BladeForums.com is pretty good.

It's not easy nor is it necessarily a good thing to have a survival and preparedness forum that is devoid of the socio-political issues that the membership wishes to discuss. Many of those discussions form the basis of reasons why we need to be prepared.

I prefer to have forums where people can discuss whatever they need to discuss. If I don't like what is being said, I don't have to read it.

Your best option is probably to start your own forum where you make the rules.

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    I am a member of several different survival forums, but am very dissatisfied with them.

I know what you mean.
    Some forums are just "time-wasters"

I keep an eye on current events and then research my preps on my own.
    Is there something specific you're trying to find info on?

Survivalblog, SSRSI are a couple good places for research.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    +1 on the Bladeforums Survival sub-forum. The subforum has a couple of pretty good mods and there is some good info. Just be cautious or you'll end up in the scandi grind/nessmuk/big blade wars! ;)

Also, a couple to check out:

Knifeforums.com (popups... Arrrrgh!!) But they have a decent wilderness skills area.

Swamprat.com (not much left of that original site BUT there is a forums link - one side devoted to survival/wilderness.)

Hmmm... Maybe edcforums.com?
    Best of luck!

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Try this one also, Zombie Squad • Index page

And yes, I know it says Zombies, read more on the site and you'll figure it out. :): I recently joined after reading for bit there and they seem to be a good group so far with none of the problems the OP posted. The first aid section is the best I've ever found.

The other links may help me too, the bladeforums was the other best one I'd found.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    The wilderness and survival forum on BladeForums.com is pretty good.

It's not easy nor is it necessarily a good thing to have a survival and preparedness forum that is devoid of the socio-political issues that the membership wishes to discuss. Many of those discussions form the basis of reasons why we need to be prepared.

I prefer to have forums where people can discuss whatever they need to discuss. If I don't like what is being said, I don't have to read it.

Your best option is probably to start your own forum where you make the rules.

I can certainly appreciate a good discussion/argument over a particular news issue, or even a valid discussion of how various social factions of our country and planet will react to any particular event that would require a prepper to get with their program, so to speak. What I do have a problem with is that a LOT of the survival sites are about a hair away from being hate sites. I understand that some people's way of life feels threatened, but most of them leave no room in their little minds for people who think or believe different then they do. As a matter of fact, I have seen acounts Banned from certain sites, because they were not " of the cause" so to speak.

Thanks for the other ideas everyone, that certainly gives me some places to check out.

By the way, I really like ar15.com's survival board, as well as homesteadingtoday.com survival boards.

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    What I do have a problem with is that a LOT of the survival sites are about a hair away from being hate sites. I understand that some people's way of life feels threatened, but most of them leave no room in their little minds for people who think or believe different then they do

Humans are still "tribal" whether they care to admit it or not :)

I've seen so called "open-minded" forum moderators crucify and
    eventually ban posters for not having a mind as "open" as the
    majority of the membership.
    I think the forum, by human nature and title, will always be somewhat of a clique.

As far as preps, I've seen forum members turn into lemmings:
    Just buying or doing things because "everyone else is" without independently researching first.
    I prefer to go directly to a source for my prep info.
    One obvious example:
    Medical/First Aid is IMO best learned from a modern medical source
    rather than a post on Frugal's.

I always get spooked by the forums that have a very large, overtly
    vocal membership that is ignorant of the law.
    It wouldn't surprise me someday to hear about some of those forums being investigated.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    +1 on the Bladeforums Survival sub-forum. The subforum has a couple of pretty good mods and there is some good info. Just be cautious or you'll end up in the scandi grind/nessmuk/big blade wars! ;)

Hey! Who are you over there? I think you can guess what my userid is there, although my avatar is blue there!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Most survivalist forums are crazy racist whackjobs who would like nothing more than for the fall of civilization so they can shoot some darkies, news at 11!

Edit: this one's okay I guess

Last edited:

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Here is one EQUIPPED TO SURVIVE - Outdoors Gear, Survival Equipment Review & Survival Information
    Their heading is : Equipped To Survive® is the most comprehensive online resource for independent reviews of survival equipment and outdoors gear, as well as survival and Search and Rescue information. Equipped To Survive® will help you determine the best choices to prepare for anything from a hike in the park to a life threatening emergency or disaster. Please note that this is not a "survivalist" site.

Also this one; Alpha Disaster Contingencies

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Here is one EQUIPPED TO SURVIVE - Outdoors Gear, Survival Equipment Review & Survival Information
    Their heading is : Equipped To Survive® is the most comprehensive online resource for independent reviews of survival equipment and outdoors gear, as well as survival and Search and Rescue information. Equipped To Survive® will help you determine the best choices to prepare for anything from a hike in the park to a life threatening emergency or disaster. Please note that this is not a "survivalist" site.

Also this one; Alpha Disaster Contingencies

Thanks for the links. Bookmarked both.

Top Bottom