• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    How small are you thinking? My wife carries a PF-9 from time to time, and loves it. I just brought home a Kahr MK9, and size wise is identical to the PF-9, but the trigger reach is even shorter, and a little heavier, helping to tame recoil in the micro 9 size pistols.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    Small hands make it look bigger lol. She has a walther p22 and it could be a little bigger. I was thinking maybe a taurus 24/7 g2 in 9mm. Small grip frame and a good small caliber.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have short fingers and can handle just about anything fairly well. Full size double-stack Glocks are about the only thing I have a problem with; and the problem is my normal full contact on the trigger. I get a good enough one for shooting at the range, but not a good enough one to feel comfortable carrying one as an EDC. On the other hand, I have ZERO problems with a 1911. And there is such a thing as too small. I'm so not in love with my Taurus 85 BUG anymore; I despise pinky hang.

Chances are any single stack firearm will be fine.

However, there's no substitute for having her try a bunch on for size. There's a whole lot more to comfort than whether or not her fingers can wrap around the grip.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have short fingers and can handle just about anything fairly well. Full size double-stack Glocks are about the only thing I have a problem with; and the problem is my normal full contact on the trigger. I get a good enough one for shooting at the range, but not a good enough one to feel comfortable carrying one as an EDC. On the other hand, I have ZERO problems with a 1911. And there is such a thing as too small. I'm so not in love with my Taurus 85 BUG anymore; I despise pinky hang.

Chances are any single stack firearm will be fine.

However, there's no substitute for having her try a bunch on for size. There's a whole lot more to comfort than whether or not her fingers can wrap around the grip.

Wisdom here.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    My bff is 90 pounds and 5'. She rocks a Glock 19 with no problem at all. Did I mention that she shops in the kids section?!!

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    My husband has a pf-9 and I find it to be very comfortable to handle. I would also recommend a glock 26 or a Kimber UCII. Generally the smaller the gun the harder it is for small (or weak) hands to chamber it so I would recommend letting her handle it before purchasing. Also be weary of the kick back. The first time I shot a .357 I was really surprised at how hard it was for me to get back on target right away. With practice I am fine now but in the beginning it was definitely a chore.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    88GT has it right.
    Just because I'd say "Timberland boots fit the best and I love them"...doesn't mean you should run out and buy a pair for your wife and take them home to her.
    She needs to be the one to shop around.
    Let her know that the trade of for "littler & lighter" is more perceived recoil. Nothing will be fun to shoot if it hurts after half a box or so. At that point, you'll talk yourself out of going to the range every time.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    What's the purpose? For carry, or is this her gun for home protection/range shooting/etc? My wife has quite small hands and loves her Springfield XD9 with a passion.

Firefighter56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    My wife loves her M&P Shield 9mm. She shot several and held several more single stack and compact/subcompact guns and settled on the Shield. Good luck finding one though, they are kinda like sasquatch, everyone claims they have seen one but nobody has one to sell.

Top Bottom