• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bender574

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Middlebury
    I got into metal fab work 13years ago... Went from Rent a Center to M&M Fabricators. there I started stacking steel behind a metal shear. From there to running a brakepress. Now that started out with someone else setting it up and me just stepping on the peddle and bending the parts. That changed into me setting up and running the press all the time. Older guys taught me everything I learned. So I hope that the young bucks will take some advise from a seasoned guy like you. I was 23 then and 36 now and l love to learn from my seasoned elders to this day.I am have to learn a new job at Truck driving school. I love to here the different storys from the guys that have drove the road for years and came back to to teach a young buck like me.... Hope I could help you out:patriot:

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    Coming from a young buck here, there's some cops that give good cops a bad name, just like there's young people that give other young people a bad name. I have always worked for everything that I have, it may not be a lot, but it's mine and I know that at the end of the day I am proud of it. I watched my dad work all day and all night when I was a kid and he instilled the work ethics in me that all people should possess. I am willing to go out there and do what it takes to provide for my family no matter what it takes. Don't let what some of these young people say get to you. I'm sure that you put in more then your fair share in life and everything that you do. It's probably just a kid that his parents didn't instill the value of a dollar and the ethics in life that he should possess. Thank you for your duty as a law enforcement officer.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I got into metal fab work 13years ago... Went from Rent a Center to M&M Fabricators. there I started stacking steel behind a metal shear. From there to running a brakepress. Now that started out with someone else setting it up and me just stepping on the peddle and bending the parts. That changed into me setting up and running the press all the time. Older guys taught me everything I learned. So I hope that the young bucks will take some advise from a seasoned guy like you. I was 23 then and 36 now and l love to learn from my seasoned elders to this day.I am have to learn a new job at Truck driving school. I love to here the different storys from the guys that have drove the road for years and came back to to teach a young buck like me.... Hope I could help you out:patriot:
    I spent 26 + years, in the Military, and I taught as many young people as wanted to learn... THIS, is OUR job, NOT to brainwash, but to teach... I am ALWAYS willing to LEARN, and to teach .... LISTEN to us "older" folks, and you can learn some things.... ALSO, WE "older" folks, CAN learn some things, from YOU youngsters also .....

sbatten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Somewhere in Shelby Co.
    96Harley,
    Something you might ask these young officers is, Do you think the public respects and trusts you? With that attitude they won't! There may come a time when they need the public backing with a vote, backing against something in the local politics. They might even need the help of armed citizens if for some reason they found themselves in a situation where they didn't have police backup. The public may turn there back and let you die in the street. That sounds harsh, but it could be reality.

Thanks for your service and hopefully you can make and leave a good impression on these guys.

Top Bottom