• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    I am looking to re-optic my rem 700 in 243. My main use is predator hunting(i dont get to go much). My parameters are Has to have a minimum power of 1.65 or less for both eyes open snapshots, needs to have decent to good light gathering, and i strongly prefer a mil or some sort of bdc reticle, I'm not a knob twister. Higher top magnification is better but not first priority. Price range of $250 or less. Any good suggestions?

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    I have zero experience with vortex scopes, how is the clarity and reticle thickness? I have a bushnell elite ,leupold 1x4x20 and a nikon african monarch 1x4 and the clarity of these seemss very good to me but the crosshairs are to thick on the nikon. (its on my ML for deer season ,it works great there) I own several centerpoints and like them for the money but clarity isnt great and thick reticle also. Did a little more online research and seems like if i expand my preference to include 2 power minimim it might open up the selection quite a bit.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Elkhart
    I love vortex. Had a pair of binos get hit by a horse. Cost me 6 bucks to mail it to them and they had it back to me lnib in under a week. Plus quality American made, what's not to like

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I have zero experience with vortex scopes, how is the clarity and reticle thickness? I have a bushnell elite ,leupold 1x4x20 and a nikon african monarch 1x4 and the clarity of these seemss very good to me but the crosshairs are to thick on the nikon. (its on my ML for deer season ,it works great there) I own several centerpoints and like them for the money but clarity isnt great and thick reticle also. Did a little more online research and seems like if i expand my preference to include 2 power minimim it might open up the selection quite a bit.

I own 3 vortex scopes (including the one linked). Get the vortex ;)

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I love vortex. Had a pair of binos get hit by a horse. Cost me 6 bucks to mail it to them and they had it back to me lnib in under a week. Plus quality American made, what's not to like

Not american made, but no one except some Trijicon, and USO are. They are a american owned, which most companies are not.

OP

The reticle is .36 moa wide meaning at 100 yds the reticle covers .36 inch's. At 50 yds it covers .18 inch's of the target.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/uploads/sub_dbk_s_1-5x32_bdc_moa-t.jpg

As far as clarity goes, nothing you listed will have less abrasion than the Diamondback series (depending on what series elite you have).

You would definitely expand your options by making your minimum requirement 2x, but you have a pretty good option in the Diamondback I linked, so why not get what you want. If your at the 1500 swing by my booth and look at the scope in person.

Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    The new LEUPOLD redesigned VX-1 2-7X33 LR Duplex Reticle sells for $249.99. I think it would be a nice choice for your needs. Leupold is owned by Americans and their scopes are made in America if that is something you care about.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    The new LEUPOLD redesigned VX-1 2-7X33 LR Duplex Reticle sells for $249.99. I think it would be a nice choice for your needs. Leupold is owned by Americans and their scopes are made in America if that is something you care about.
    I do regularly seek out made in USA, but Leupolds 2 power is listed as 2.5 which is too much for both eyes open.

Top Bottom