Help me pick an ESEE...or another survival knife.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Yes you can remove the rust easily. You can simply use the knife or use the tuf Glide . I would of course try to prevent the rust in the first place by keeping rem oil on it when not in use. :D

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I would say, get the ESEE 6, save the weight and go the the added length (that's what Brad told me! :D), it will be a more versatile blade. KL will take care of you in that department. But you need to go out and feel what fits in your hand best because if you haven't held the best, how would you know what you don't want? When you find "the glass slipper" you'll know it.
    Good luck

BTW, I'm still trying to decide too!

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Just ordered my first ESEE knife today. Per the suggestion of Big Hank I ended up getting an ESEE Izula. I am eager to get my first "good" Blade. Normally i'd just carry a $20 pocket knife but this knife seems pretty sweet. Its very light and concealable.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Thanks for the input everyone. I ended up meeting Brad and the knife lady at the Fort Wayne gun show this weekend. She let me get a feel for all of the ESEE knives and we talked about what I already had and planned usage. I settled on the ESEE-4 - the 5 was a little too large for my intended use and the 3 was a little on the small side.

All in all I feel I got a great deal on a perfect knife. Thanks again to Brad and the knife lady!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Thanks for the input everyone. I ended up meeting Brad and the knife lady at the Fort Wayne gun show this weekend. She let me get a feel for all of the ESEE knives and we talked about what I already had and planned usage. I settled on the ESEE-4 - the 5 was a little too large for my intended use and the 3 was a little on the small side.

All in all I feel I got a great deal on a perfect knife. Thanks again to Brad and the knife lady!

Ah another ESEE owner, congrats on a good choice. The more I use my ESEE's the more I like them.

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    Congrats on picking an ESEE...!!! They are great knives..!! Now go put it to work, it wont let you down..!!!! I love and beat the hell out of mine..!!

Top Bottom