• Total voters

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I believe that you are up north? But, down in Greenwood, Elmores stocks LMT uppers. I think they were high $500 last time I checked, thats complete w/ BCG too.

Buy that and then a complete lower at the 1500 show and I bet you can save a couple hundred $$s!!!

Or....

There is a complete LMT lower w/ Magpul stock for $515 shipped to an FFL on the ARFcom EE right now. (not mine, I am a Bushy, Colt or DPMS owner)

Any of the rifles you listed would be top notch, I would go w/ LMT though.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    $515 for a lower that is not preban and you not living in cali/illinois/NY state/conn/nj/hawaii/or any other state still with a ban is **** INSANE. You can build a entire rifle for $600 with new everything at the 1500.

P.S. only prebans command these kinda insane prices.

normal_moderated_heil.jpg

This place is like kindergarten, if a bunch of grown (95% over the legal age of 18) people can't stand reading one word, you got other issues at hand. Grow some thicker skin and move out of your sheltered area, the world is filled with even more colorful language.

Last edited:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Lets put together a 1500 trip if you have never been. I always get a couple cars full of guys going down. We leave at 6am, don't wait in line cause there isn't one, and be back by 2. Let me know what ya think.

fpdshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Fishers
    Buy the LMT. Yes you can put together a cheaper gun, but parts do not equal parts. For the money the LMT is the best thing going right now. They will stand behind their product as well. If you want an LMT cheaper, go directly to the LMT website. Lowers are $330, uppers are $485, $130 for MPI bolt carrier group, add sights of your choice and you save about 11%, which is the cost of the FET tax.

Do what you want, but if this is going to be a defensive or work gun, buy the absolute best you can. You life may very well depend on a few hundred dollars.

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    Buy the LMT. Yes you can put together a cheaper gun, but parts do not equal parts. For the money the LMT is the best thing going right now. They will stand behind their product as well. If you want an LMT cheaper, go directly to the LMT website. Lowers are $330, uppers are $485, $130 for MPI bolt carrier group, add sights of your choice and you save about 11%, which is the cost of the FET tax.

Do what you want, but if this is going to be a defensive or work gun, buy the absolute best you can. You life may very well depend on a few hundred dollars.

koolaid.jpg

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    not sure if you've ruled it out, but Rock River Arms makes a decent one.i work with a few guys who own a RRA and both have been Extremely happy with them

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I actually went with Colt and LMT,

I owned a RRA in the past, it was a good rifle, I put them on par with Bushmaster, but for this rifle I really wanted all the inner parts to be top notch.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Personally, this is how I would build it.

1) Go to gunshow and buy a lower.

2) Shop around online and find good deals on "good" components for lower. ie: CTR buttstock, MIAD pistol grip and a CMT LPK.

3) Buy a complete BCM 16" midlength upper, use standard handgaurds for now until you decide if you want a railed forearm. (I prefer LaRue forearms, but those Daniel Defense Omega forearms are the HEAT.)

4) Buy Troy rear BUIS.

5) Buy Aimpoint Micro T-1 in a LaRue mount. (Buy your LaRue components directly from LaRue, trust me on this.)

I know, I destroyed you budget!

Top Bottom