• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny L

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    OK I will give you my thought on the subject. The Glock 19 is one of the most best guns for a CCW It is small enough, light enough and holds lots of rounds. You can us the Glock 17 magazine or a 33 rounder for back up. This is my prefered CCW here in Indiana.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Are Glocks really that better than the others? I believe you guys if they are, I just think they are kind of ugly LOL

i agree with the others on the glock thing but i sat go with the g26. you can use any of the glock 9mm mags in it and you can just add a plus one or two extention to the little mags for a better grip. though i will say the g26 shoots pretty good anyway without them.

Tapout75

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Im not sure about the Glock for a couple of reasons, 1. They have no manual safety 2. Out of my price range.... Right now i have $300., and if i sell my HP i will have about 350-400... Saving right now is not really an option, with kids and christmas coming up... So let me say it this way, What would you recommend for under $400? When i called Bradis, he told me that he would go with a Bersa 9mm before he went with a Taurus... Agree? Disagree? The Bersa 9mm is $349 and the Taurus 24/7 9mm is also $349 at Bradis

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Im not sure about the Glock for a couple of reasons, 1. They have no manual safety 2. Out of my price range.... Right now i have $300., and if i sell my HP i will have about 350-400... Saving right now is not really an option, with kids and christmas coming up... So let me say it this way, What would you recommend for under $400? When i called Bradis, he told me that he would go with a Bersa 9mm before he went with a Taurus... Agree? Disagree? The Bersa 9mm is $349 and the Taurus 24/7 9mm is also $349 at Bradis

24/7 hands down imo. i carried one in 40 for a year doin security. they shoot very well and eat everything. just make shure it is a 24/7 model. some of the others ive heard of dont feed so well. i put over 1000e
    rds with no malfuntions before i sold it to my friend who also loves it.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    The only thing that I could ad, is that I own a Bersa Thunder 380. I have
    been told by my LGS guy, that the Bersa 9MM's are even better. My 380
    has been perfect over the last two years. If the 9MM's are better than
    that, (?) maybe you should consider one.
    My 2 cents.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Based upon your $$$ ($400.00 before sales tax) requirements, the options as I see them are one of the following (I have excluded used firearms as it's hard to determine what you'd be able to find under $400.00)

These are not in any particular order:

Ruger SR9
    Ruger SR9C
    Ruger P95
    Sig Pro 2022
    Taurus 24/7
    Taurus 809
    Taurus 709 Slim
    Taurus Millennium Pro
    EAA Zastava EZ
    Bersa 9mm
    KelTec PF-9
    KelTec P11

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    My first suggestion would be to shoot the ones you are considering before you buy.
    I own a Ruger P944 and a Taurus PT140 PRO. My wife has a Kahr CW9 and a Taurus PT 111 Pro. I get to shoot all of them on a regular basis.
    I went to a trusted friend and asked him if he was going to buy a durable and reliable gun in the $300 range, what would he buy? I ended up with the Ruger P944. It is durable and reliable. Problem is it is heavy and hard to conceal and the trigger isnt the crispest. It goes BOOM everytime and eats any ammo and feels very solid in my hand. The Hogue grips it comes with might be the reason I like the way it feels though.
    My Taurus PT140 Pro and my wifes PT111 Pro were purchased for something a little easier to conceal and my wife loved the fact hers is pink. Go figure. They are both light and easy to shoot but not my favorite.
    My favorite would be my wifes Kahr CW9. I have a smile after shooting it everytime and it has a really nice trigger. The only downside is it is double action only and no safety. I can shoot just as well with this little compact pistol as my fullsize Ruger! I love the fact it is light and easy to conceal also!
    I cant offer any advice as to a Glock. I cant get past the way they feel in my hand. Never even made it to the point of shooting one.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    XD!

Buy a Springfield XD 3in 4in or 5in. I have a 4in in 9mm and it is great never had a failure to fuction perfectly. Read up on them. Won gun of the year at least 3 times. A new one off gunbroker.com runs 435 + ffl fees. Please DO NOT buy a glock without checking into an XD.

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    IMO Taurus makes a decent wheel gun, but junk semi auto's, well they make a nice 1911.

My first handgun was a P95 and it took a beating! Huge carry gun, but good gun.

I agree with you going to a store and handling as many as you can. And shoot if possible. Everyone is different. Guys are on here saying G19, G19. But I can't shoot a G19 as well as I can the sub compact G26 to save my life. Just an example.

As for Bersa vs. Taurus. I say Bersa all day long

DIRTY HARRY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Best advice is go to a local range where they rent guns and try several and you decide. I own many different models and Glock isn't one of them, I am just saying that variety is the spice of life and what what turns you on may be totally different. Good luck .

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    OK heres my deal.. Right now I have a Hi-Point 9mm. I want to upgrade to something a little better. I have never had a problem with the HP, with about 300 rounds thru it, but just the things i have read and malfunctions i have read about, Im not sure if it is the best cc/self defense weapon. Since i have about 600 rounds of 9mm stocked up, I would like to stay with that caliber. Keep in mind I only have about 300 to 350 to spend

I have not physically held any of these just yet, but here are a few i like, and im hoping you guys can give me a few pros and cons of each...

Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm Blue, 12 round $339.00 SHIPS FREE

Taurus 24/7-9SSP17 9MM PRO HEINIE SS $322.00 SHIPS FREE

Ruger P95 9mm Blue, w Rail 15 round $300.00 SHIPS FREE

All three are good weapons. I own a Taurus 709 Slim. It is a good weapon, too. I also have a Glock 26. I recommend the Taurus only because I do not have personal experience with the Ruger. Either Taurus will give you good service. Just MPO and my :twocents:

Glocks are excellent, and worth the price, but I would opt for the new Taurus over a used Glock. A new Taurus in the hand is worth far more than a used Glock you are still waiting to buy. Get a good weapon in your hand, then save for your ideal weapon.

Top Bottom