• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    My Dad gave me a bag of older brass and I have no idea what the stuff I don't want/reload is worth.

~500 - 38 auto/super auto - western x, remington, and super vel - mix of brass and nickel

16 - 3030 - western x

87 - 3006 - western x, rem, and fed

147 - 357 mag - american ammunition and rem (yellow UMC box)

97 - 22 hornet - rem

45 - 45 auto - box says hi-vel inc headstamps are WCC71/73/77/79 etc

Any info on what this stuff is worth would be appreciated.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Never sold any .38 auto, so I will not guess. The .45 will bring8 cents or so. The ,38 super and the .357 mag will probably bring 15 cents. The 30-30 and the 30-06 and the Hornet probably about 20 cents.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I saw 30/30 for $18/50 at Cabelas, new brass. I just paid $6/25 for once fired 30/30. Are you close to Greenwood? I would buy the 30/30 brass

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Brass not needed has always been worth the good will and friendship of the person giving it to someone who could use it, or vice versa. Only in today's highly commercialized world of reloading components does a modest pile of brass have enough value to contemplate. With the mix of headstamps and low quantities you report, the only thing "pre-madness" that I would have considered trying to sell would be the 22 Hornet cases. The rest of it I would offer to give away, and have done exactly that on several occasions when I was handed a large amount of brass.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Brass not needed has always been worth the good will and friendship of the person giving it to someone who could use it, or vice versa. Only in today's highly commercialized world of reloading components does a modest pile of brass have enough value to contemplate. With the mix of headstamps and low quantities you report, the only thing "pre-madness" that I would have considered trying to sell would be the 22 Hornet cases. The rest of it I would offer to give away, and have done exactly that on several occasions when I was handed a large amount of brass.

Me too. I agree with this. I take care of my friends. Sometimes I load it up for them too.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Me too. I agree with this. I take care of my friends. Sometimes I load it up for them too.

You load it for 'em, too? Man, you ARE a good friend! :)

I have helped quite a few folks get started in reloading, and thrown in extra brass if I had it. Can't say that I've ever reloaded rounds I couldn't use and then gave those away...that's downright magnanimous! ;)

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI

I was more curious if the stuff had collector value. I have seen old boxes of 22 at gun shows for $10. Figured maybe these had a value other than brass for reloading.

Top Bottom