HELP!! My wife is trying to take my Sig P238!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Beautiful day today! Took my wife out back to shoot the new Taurus 85 I bought her. She liked it and did well with it. But it was hurting her hand. For some reason I kept after her to try my Sig P238. She really liked it, and kept saying we need to trade. I'm thinking crap, now what am I going to do. I hand her the Taurus TCP. I tell her it's the same thing...she can't tell the difference. She shoots it. She didn't like it at all. It hurt her too. She shoots the P238 again. Again with the we need to trade thing again. She says you have 1000 guns you can give me one. I only have 15 handguns and only one Sig. We went inside got on Sigs web site and she fell in love with the Rainbow P238. Well, I've been trying to find her something she likes. Moral of the story. Be careful what you wish for. It might cost you $$$.:):

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Behind every Good man is a Great woman. Or something like that. She's got good taste if I must say. I'd invest in another SIG if I were you. Keep her happy and she'll keep a happy home... Or something like that... too.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's hers now. There's no other way around it. Seriously though, if that's what she likes and is the most comfortable with and can shoot it well then I say it's the gun she should have.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    One other question begs to be asked though. Was she in on the choosing and purchase of the Taurus 85 or did you purchase it for her thinking that's what she should have?

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Sounds like you're going to be picking up a second 238. Or, it might be a good enough reason to find a 938.

At least you found a pistol she is comfortable with.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    One other question begs to be asked though. Was she in on the choosing and purchase of the Taurus 85 or did you purchase it for her thinking that's what she should have?
    Well, she liked the 605, but mostly, I thought that was what she should have.:dunno:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Beautiful day today! Took my wife out back to shoot the new Taurus 85 I bought her. She liked it and did well with it. But it was hurting her hand. For some reason I kept after her to try my Sig P238. She really liked it, and kept saying we need to trade. I'm thinking crap, now what am I going to do. I hand her the Taurus TCP. I tell her it's the same thing...she can't tell the difference. She shoots it. She didn't like it at all. It hurt her too. She shoots the P238 again. Again with the we need to trade thing again. She says you have 1000 guns you can give me one. I only have 15 handguns and only one Sig. We went inside got on Sigs web site and she fell in love with the Rainbow P238. Well, I've been trying to find her something she likes. Moral of the story. Be careful what you wish for. It might cost you $$$.:):

Dude, don't complain! You have accomplished your mission and now are also free to go shopping for another handgun for yourself!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, she liked the 605, but mostly, I thought that was what she should have.:dunno:
    Yeah, I wasn't trying to come off as critical. I was just wondering if she had any input or you just dropped it on her out of the blue.

I just find that the more input someone has in the choosing of something like that the better off it is for everyone involved.

Sounds like she really found something in the Sig that works for her and hopefully things will work out. Good luck. :yesway:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    She is good to you, give her the sig already.
    Yea...Yea...Start a thread showing that Glock 34 you got today for your XDm. I know you are not going to bring it to church tomorrow. I want to see it and so does everybody else.:D Thing is I keep trying to save up for a new ski-doo and then I spend my ski-doo money on a new firearm.:ar15:I think I have an addiction.:draw:

Guy9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Marion
    1364179136.jpg

Here you go...G34 and my little single shot tactical just for fun.

Top Bottom