• GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    ll_021.png

I thought that looked familiar. LSL ! I'd forgotten all about it. Reminds me of the Space Quest series.
    I'd forgotten about Civilization. THX everyone, great suggestions! You've given me enough to keep me busy for years.

Space Quest rocked! Awarded the golden mop if you beat the game.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Space Quest rocked! Awarded the golden mop if you beat the game.
    I believe it was SQ3 where about 3/4 of the way through the game one of the characters turns around and looks right at you and says "Well, what do you think of the game so far? Was it worth $59.95?"

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've been playing Civ IV Beyond the Sword for many years now and haven't ever felt the need to upgrade. Every game is different and there are so many options of what to play and how to play it that I've never gotten bored with it.

I'm right there with you. I have Civ V, played it once or twice, but Civ IV BTS is the best ever.

Civilization was probably a reason for a low grade or two in college - those games are incredibly addictive. So, maybe once or twice a year, like Xmas break, I allow myself to start a big game - always a huge world, Pangaea, four opponents and I'm either America or Germany. I'm not satisfied until I get to use bombers and modern armor to crush the last opponent.

The most useful feature in Civ IV is a clock, so I know when it's time for bed.

[video=youtube;XnRrTEFZs60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnRrTEFZs60[/video]

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm right there with you. I have Civ V, played it once or twice, but Civ IV BTS is the best ever.

Civilization was probably a reason for a low grade or two in college - those games are incredibly addictive. So, maybe once or twice a year, like Xmas break, I allow myself to start a big game - always a huge world, Pangaea, four opponents and I'm either America or Germany. I'm not satisfied until I get to use bombers and modern armor to crush the last opponent.

The most useful feature in Civ IV is a clock, so I know when it's time for bed.

[video=youtube;XnRrTEFZs60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnRrTEFZs60[/video]
    Dang. You must be pretty advanced before you meet your opponents.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Dang. You must be pretty advanced before you meet your opponents.

I send out TONS of scouts to raid those goodie huts (using the "reload" trick) and at least make contact with the enemies.

Then I just try and hold on till I get knights and can knock out one or two weak enemies.

After that, both of the German and Americans are "late game" civs that have special abilities in the modern era.

Top Bottom