• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Probably doesn't need them upgraded. Just needs the door hung so that the tab doesn't become engaged when the door is shut.

Although, deadbolts should just be standard these days. I can't imagine living in a home with a door that didn't have at least one deadbolt.

WHERE THE HECK DO YOU LIVE? Then again, Im in a very small town, with a pile of cops, and we all cling to our guns and religions, and we all have dogs too, haha. One deadbolt per door meets my needs...

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Probably doesn't need them upgraded. Just needs the door hung so that the tab doesn't become engaged when the door is shut.

Although, deadbolts should just be standard these days. I can't imagine living in a home with a door that didn't have at least one deadbolt.

Yeah, I sent my buddy (the homeowner) a text telling him to start using the deadbolt. If my first time trying to break in took less than 60 seconds, then he has an issue.
    I will admit that, as a dark guy, I kept my work clothes on (dress shirt, tie, suit pants), had my puppy with me and did it in broad daylight so I didn't look too suspicious. Right or wrong, I didn't want random passer-by to call the cops. As it was, people just waved to me.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Yeah, I sent my buddy (the homeowner) a text telling him to start using the deadbolt. If my first time trying to break in took less than 60 seconds, then he has an issue.
    I will admit that, as a dark guy, I kept my work clothes on (dress shirt, tie, suit pants), had my puppy with me and did it in broad daylight so I didn't look too suspicious. Right or wrong, I didn't want random passer-by to call the cops. As it was, people just waved to me.

Funny story...

When I bought my house it needed lots of work, so i had a contractor running the show. I was talking to the gas man to needed access to the house to check one thing or another. I told him the GC would let him in, but if he was not around the house was locked, the back door of the sun room had a missing window pain and he could reach in and unlock the door himself. and he said to me "I'm sorry man, but im not going to let myself in. Aint no brother goin to be seen goin in through no window" I just kind of laughed and said "yea good point, if they aren't there just call me"

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom