• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    If you already have a CAR buffer tube, this will not work. The PRS uses a rifle buffer tube. And for that price, im gonna go ahead and guess that its a knock off or some kind of airsoft stock. Real PRS's usaully go for around $200+

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Check out the Magpul UBR Stock. I have one on my AR and love it. It even came with the needed buffer tube!

Also, the stock you linked is in fact designed for an airsoft gun. It even says it in the link! (AEG = Automatic Electric Gun)

thumbnail.aspx

picture.php

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Check out the Magpul UBR Stock. I have one on my AR and love it. It even came with the needed buffer tube!

Also, the stock you linked is in fact designed for an airsoft gun. It even says it in the link! (AEG = Automatic Electric Gun)

thumbnail.aspx

picture.php

Thanks for pointing that out. I dont know what all these acronoums mean

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Luckily for you, I used to be SUPER into airsoft! :):

As for your stock issue, what kind of stock are you wanting to get? Full stock? Short? Etc...?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    On this topic, is there any reason a stock for an airsoft gun wouldnt work on a real one? Ive never messed with airsoft stuff so Im not really sure what the difference is. On something like a simple stock could it be a possible way to shave a few bucks off the price of a real build?

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I dont want to take any chances,its gonna go on a .458 RRA lower. I dont want to get stuck with something that dont work. Most of them I see online are for .308. I dont know if the buffer tube is larger in diameter than a 5.56 or not. Have an email sent/with no response yet. New someone on here would know the answer.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    A friend built up a .458 SOCOM last year, and went with this: FIXED & PRECISION ADJUSTABLE STOCKS – AR15/M16 Type Rifles, FN FAL, HK G3 - PRS® Precision-Adjustable Stock – AR15/M16 (5.56x45) Model

He stated that collapsible stocks were reputed to not be up to the .458 recoil, and had a reputation for collapsing while firing. As with all hearsay and conjecture, YMMV.

.458 is a "drop-on" upper, designed for "no changes needed" on the lower. Uses the regular buffer and spring. The only question for the stock is whether you have a commercial dimensioned or mil-spec dimensioned buffer tube.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I see no reason a PTS (which is magpuls airsoft brand) stock wouldn't work as long as it's milspec or commercial per your needs. As to whether it would break if dropped or wiggle is another story. I'm considering buying PTS gear to set up a .22 ar and doing a review on the differences.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I see no reason a PTS (which is magpuls airsoft brand) stock wouldn't work as long as it's milspec or commercial per your needs. As to whether it would break if dropped or wiggle is another story. I'm considering buying PTS gear to set up a .22 ar and doing a review on the differences.

Id love to see a review. Ive just always wondered about how much difference there was.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    It always on my mind. Same with cheapo acog knock offs for 22 only. Google everywhere, very little comes up. I think I'll drop some money on knock off acog and PTS gear for my 22. Look for a full review in the spring!

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Id love to see a review. Ive just always wondered about how much difference there was.

I'd be worried about the tolerances. Sure, with a .22, you're not dealing with a ton of recoil so it might be fine. Anything larger, and you're putting a LOT of extra stress on something not designed to handle that much. Thus why there is the price difference. If Magpul could sell the same stock for airsoft and real steal at the airsoft price, why wouldn't they?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I'd be worried about the tolerances. Sure, with a .22, you're not dealing with a ton of recoil so it might be fine. Anything larger, and you're putting a LOT of extra stress on something not designed to handle that much. Thus why there is the price difference. If Magpul could sell the same stock for airsoft and real steal at the airsoft price, why wouldn't they?

I would never use airsoft products on a build that I would need to rely on. More for the same reasons goodcat has stated. A cheaper .22 build that would only be for plinking and looking cool.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I would never use airsoft products on a build that I would need to rely on. More for the same reasons goodcat has stated. A cheaper .22 build that would only be for plinking and looking cool.

As I said, a .22 would probably be fine. I wasn't aiming that comment directly at you. I just don't want people on here to think it would be fine to put an airsoft stock on a .50 BMG or other large caliber! :):

Top Bottom