• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Yeah, trouble is that to get it overturned wold require the SCOTUS to hear the case. They simply refuse and you loose. SCOTIS doesn't hear many 2nd AM cases because they don't want to change the way we regulate guns. They carefully choose cases so that nothing major has a chance to be overturned but it still looks like they will hear your case on the surface.

BTW, how many people know that if the NRA would have shown up the day the NFA was originally challenged it would have been struck down and never happened?

What we need to do is find a way to make SCOTUS DO THEIR DAMN JOB! It is preposterous that they are able to simply not hear your case like this and it needs to stop..

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    They carefully choose cases so that nothing major has a chance to be overturned...

You mean like Roe v. Wade or Citizens United? Yeah, NOTHING happened after those two rulings came down!!!

What we need to do is find a way to make SCOTUS DO THEIR DAMN JOB! It is preposterous that they are able to simply not hear your case like this and it needs to stop..

So, they should be forced to consider EVERY frivolous, nonsense case that comes their way? They'd be so overwhelmed, they wouldn't have time to deal with the truly meaningful cases! BTW, I'm pretty sure they give a great deal of consideration (with the help of amicus briefs and the work of their clerks) before deciding whether or not to hear a case.

Finally, I'm sure the people who currently own registered machine guns and sears DO NOT want the law to change! Their machine guns would suddenly be worth a whole lot less as new ones flood the market!

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Finally, I'm sure the people who currently own registered machine guns and sears DO NOT want the law to change! Their machine guns would suddenly be worth a whole lot less as new ones flood the market!

Well, I can't speak for all Class III owners, but I'm more than happy for my multi-thousand dollar investment to turn back into a $300 chunk of metal, if that means I can register new machine guns. I also donated to the lawsuit's gofundme above.

Sure there are are some collectors who would stand to lose a lot of money, but there are a lot of individual owners out there and I bet a lot of them, even those that have $25,000 M16s or H&Ks, would be willing to trade that value for the ability to add to their collection at pennies on the dollar compared to today's prices. I mean, for every 10 guys that tells their wives that their gun collection is an investment, how many do you think actually mean it? For most of us, the only time we sell something from our collection is to get the money to buy a new gun.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Top Bottom