• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    so i was shooting my supposed to be brand new walther ppk (smith version) this is a late 2010 model. picked it up at a gun show dealer said it had never been shot but i doubt that was the case because it was really dirty, flawless appearance though. anyway i was on about my 5th mag of 6 round magazines and it happened. first shot of the 5th mag fired a double shot. i pulled the trigger 1 time and it fired 2 shots so fast i had to stop and think about what just happened. the third round failed to chamber all the way, im thinkig that it if did chamber it would of kept shooting rounds off. so what gives? anyone have any experience with ppk's and know whats going on with this?

any help would be GREATLY APPRICIATED as this is my only carry piece and only handgun.

Last edited:

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Yes, you have to be 21 to buy handgun ammo. The minimum age of purchasing and owning a handgun is 18.

Retarded indeed, but that is the law.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    are you sure you didn't accidentally bump-fire it? if your grip was somewhat loose (lose? lol), I could see that happening a lot more easily than I could see a Walther going FA, especially a PPK. a p99 MAYBE, but a ppk not so much.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Definitely call and tell them what happened; you can almost guarantee that they'll try to grab the gun through the phone to get it repaired as fast as possible.

And yeah; I've been carrying and "owning" my guns since 18, but couldn't buy ammo for three years. It was a bit ridiculous.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Nope my friend did, who ended up not liking it and traded me
    :runaway:AGH! Illegal straw purchase with an unregistered full auto!!! LOL J/K

seriously though if it was that dirty did you shoot it anyway or take it apart and clean it first? Either way may have introduced a problem. Me personally, I would figure out how to make it feed better...

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    :runaway:AGH! Illegal straw purchase with an unregistered full auto!!! LOL J/K

seriously though if it was that dirty did you shoot it anyway or take it apart and clean it first? Either way may have introduced a problem. Me personally, I would figure out how to make it feed better...

While the idea of encouraging him to own a well running full auto unregistered is appealing... :rolleyes:....

As someone else suggested, be sure you didn't bump fire. I've had this happen once or twice unexplained in the past and the likely answer is obvious. If your grip was too loose, your finger came forward a little, the recoil hit back and bounced forward just enough for the trigger to reset, a second round would have been sent down range. I'm guessing that the third round wouldn't have fired during your described scenario. Work on your grip, clean the sucker, and practice practice. If it repeats this with more than 2 rounds, send it back. If it repeats it more than once again, ever, with only 2 rounds, send it back. Good luck and stay safe! If your concerned as to whether you can legally send the pistol via mail, which I'm unsure of the law, call the company. It's not like they'll call the police and state "some guy wanted to illegally ship a hand gun, here is his address... we didn't let him but go arrest him" :laugh:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    clean it, and pay attention to how the springs go back together. I had a buddy who had a ppk/s that he took on trade that had something similar happen. I can't remember the exact spring, but one of them was in backwards that was allowing it to act the same as you are describing.

good luck!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I have to agree that it was probably a bump fire. What leads me to believe this is the failure to eject. We have three Walthers, one of them a PK 380, which is prone to limp wristing when my Fiancé shoots it.
    Since you said you had run through several magazines, it's probable that you had relaxed into to pistol and loosened your grip just enough.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    Great advice guys, it most likely could of been a bump fire, I just wanted to stay on the safe side of things, and yes I cleaned it Before I shot it, and the only spring I have taken off was the recoil spring and it was put on correctly

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Great advice guys, it most likely could of been a bump fire, I just wanted to stay on the safe side of things, and yes I cleaned it Before I shot it, and the only spring I have taken off was the recoil sponge and it was put on correctly

Now you have to shoot the gun again & see what happens;)

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    :scratch:

And your answer could be clarified better, but since it's not even on topic I wont bother

:scratch: I could have sworn he asked if he could send the gun in for repair since he was not 21...

I'm not 21 can I still sen it in?? I'm only 20

In which I responded,
    Yes, you have to be 21 to buy handgun ammo. The minimum age of purchasing and owning a handgun is 18.

Retarded indeed, but that is the law.

Completely on topic and I while I could use the thesaurus to make it sound much smarter, I think the point came across just fine... :dunno:

Maybe since I didn't "QUOTE" his question people got confused, but since it was posted directly after him asking I thought it'd become obvious. :n00b:

Top Bottom