• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FestusHaggen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I had a similar problem with my 11-87 premier cycling the lighter target loads. I was on the verge of opening up the gas ports a little bit when I read about doubling up the O-rings. I installed a second O-ring and the gun cycles light loads without fail. If I was going to shoot heavier loads or 3 inch shells I would go back to 1 O-ring. I dont know if this will help but goog luck.

this sounds too easy. any dis advantages to this? I will have to try it next time I run into some light loads

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    So I have done some investigating on the gun, here's what I have found. If the action is cycled with the trigger NOT depressed the sear catches the hammer and you are good to go. However, if the action is cycled with the trigger remaining depressed the sear does not engage the hammer and the hammer follows the bolt back home. Shouldn't the sear reset when the bolt travels back, even with the trigger still deppressed? What part controls the reset, cause I can't seem to figure it out?

That be the work of the disconnector I believe.

athyen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    Tipton county
    Figured I'd give an update, I've been real busy with work and getting ready to go back to Purdue. The disconnect pin or sleeve seems to be all wollered out. There is a lot of side to side play in it, so I think it is jumping over the sear reset or something. I really still don't know. That being said, I ended up just ordering a whole new trigger from brownells. I will compare the two when it gets here. I figured since an entire new trigger is less than one tenth of a new gun I would just skip the hassle and replace it all. Haha, it better fix it... Thanks again for all the help guys!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom