• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dundee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Lafayette
    I've got a cracked stock on my Ithica 600. Does anyone know a resource in Lafayette area that would work on it? If no I'll try epoxying it myself first before just replacing it. Your comments appreciated, thanks.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Numrich Gun Parts has replacement stocks, also some on ebay. Repairing isn't a hard chore either if you go that way, use a good quality two part epoxy and strap it together tightly while it cures

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    What about superglue for wood repairs?
    They use the thin to fix cracks in recurve bow risers.
    I did such a repair on a Groves Spitfire Magnum with success (notorious for cracking where broadhead cut out is).

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    You are starting to see the cyanoacrylate glues being used in place of the old standby carpenters glue in wood working. They tend to use the thicker bodied versions though. Is the stock in two pieces? If not, can you see a gap where the crack is? Epoxy may be a little thick if the crack is not open enough. If it's just a crack and there is no separation, the water thin cyanoacrylate (super glue) May just work if you can flood it into the crack.

Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    There used to be a man and wife business that had a booth at the 1500 that were from Greencastle area. I think they were North of 70 on US231. I can't remember their name. They fixed cracked stocks and fitted grips on revolvers. Did a very good job too.

Top Bottom