• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    A friend has a shotgun they are looking at selling to raise some funds for bills. Cannot find an exact match on Gun Broker and my Blue Book of Gun Values is outdated.
    Here's what he has:

L.C. Smith SxS 16 gauge No. 1 on a lightweight frame with single selective trigger. 28" fluid steel barrels with double ivory beads. Gun was made in 1909. Serial #64xxx Overall condition is 98%. The bluing is dark and perfect, color case hardened frame has bright colors, wood is excellent. This gun looks like the King of safe queens. ;)
    The only "problem" I can see with it is somewhere around 30-40 years ago, somebody had a red Pachmyer recoil pad put on. (Guy thinks he has the original butt plate somewhere)

Thoughts on a realist value to put on this "SWEET 16" double. (sorry Browning, this one would win out over yours)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Some of those old Smith's bring over $10,000.00. this is not a gun to guess on. Find someone to appraise it. Good Luck!

Good advice there...The single trigger makes me think this one may have been a special order gun...I believe (and without my Michael Mcintosh book here I am just guessing)that single trigger option was limited to the higher grades...You have to realize in 1909 that was some new technology on doubles...The Basque in Spain have yet to get it right on their doubles to this day...

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    From what I have been able to find out there were 288 of this particular gun made. Based off of the serial number, model, year made and the gauge. Sounds like it will be money well spent ($60) to get a "factory" letter through the L.C.Smith foundation.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Being a 16 it may pull a ton of money. Look on proxbid to see if you can find similar guns up for auction. They often list what the gun is considered to be valued at.

Top Bottom