• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    My husband is getting me a new gun probably this weekend. I will go with him to hold them but i'm wondering about reliability between the options. I've heard that some are finicky about the ammo you use with them. Has anyone had one, can give personal experiences, love it or hate it because...? any help is much appreciated. thank you in advance :)

Options to choose from:

p22

gsg 1911

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    My life experiences have taught me a lot and I have experienced much of life with my pinkie towards the heavens as I drink bottled beverages salvaged from the Titanic.

gsg1911-tactical%5B1%5D.png

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Having shot both of these, I would get the GSG hands down. The P22 can be picky about ammo but the GSG eats anything. I also shoot a lot more accurately with the GSG, though that could be just me? Only way I would go with the P22 is if you want a small gun cause the GSG is quite a bit bigger.

Either way, new gun!

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I would go with the P22. Although I have never shot it, a buddy of mine has one and I have witnessed him put round after round thru it with no problems. I believe the feed issues on the P22 were with the original generation and the new ones are fine. Plus, if you want to step up to a .380, the PK380 is virtually the same pistol. :twocents:

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I have the Sig 1911-22, same gun as the GSG. The only thing I would worry about is your hand size, the grip may seem a little big in a woman's hand.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have owned my p22 for several years now and have many thousands of rounds through it and still love it. I have also fired the GSG .22 and enjoyed it as well. If you are a 1911 person I would say GSG hands down since the controls are the same. Otherwise can't really go wrong either way, both are good to go. Good luck with your decision and an early congrats on a new gun! :rockwoot: :D

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I was in the same situation, with the same two pistols, my boss said he loves his P-22, and since i was looking for something to use my suppressor on, he talked me into the P-22. Take it for what it is, i feel comfortable with anything Walther makes, so that helped the decision.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I echo the comments here. I have a GSG and I love it. My wife did not like itbecause the grip was too large, So this week I went and bought her a Buckmark. She held almost every 22 on the market, thanks to Wittakers and Daves. The only other one that came close was the Neos. If the grip is good for you Go GSG, alsobecause you can play with alot of aftermarket parts, maybe even a pimp set of Ferrari grips your husband seems to be so keen on. :)

Twisterx44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    If they both fit your hand, the P-22 would be easier with your suppressor because you can get them with threaded barrels, but I have seen them be a little finnicky with ammo.

Top Bottom