• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I have a Glock 20sf it's a handful. It's not ergonomic imo. I did get ahold of the new Springfield 10mm. It's got a great grip compared to the Glock.

Other than being awkward, the Glock 20sf is very reliable and after you learn it very accurate even with the stock barrel. I shoot full bore 10mm. (Why I bought it. If I want 40 S&W power I'd bought one.) I did replace the guide rod and spring with a 22lb Glock store stainless steel guide rod and spring.

You will want to upgrade the trigger as well as the sights. So be prepared for that unless the Gen 4 Glock 20 is better.

A 20SF is my winter carry piece. I absolutely love it! While definitely heavier than my 19, the feel is almost identical. It's a blast (liberally) to shoot.

In just ordered some more carry rounds from Underwood. 180 Gr XTP hollow point.

Outstanding round!

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So not to highjack my own post but I came across a video of a guy talking about Harold Fish. Anyone else ready that story?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So not to highjack my own post but I came across a video of a guy talking about Harold Fish. Anyone else ready that story?

I'm familiar with the story. Personally, I wouldn't worry about carrying a 10 for SD. The Fish case was basically a prosecutor doing wrong and a poor choice for a defense attorney (iirc).

There was a member on here that used a 10mm in a SD shooting. He even used his own handloads. He was questioned but that was about it.

If it's a good shoot, you most likely will have nothing to worry about. Maybe a membership to something like the Armed Citizen Defense League could ease your mind a little if anything happens.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Ummm. Good point. Maybe I’ll just buy both. Going to the gun store on Wednesday so I will have to decide by then. Pics to follow. Thanks.

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co
    I really wish S&W would come out with a 10mm M&P or better yet Sig with a 320 10mm. I don’t care for Glock and the 220 10mm is too rich for me.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    You need it. IL is a dangerous place.

You really need it. It needs you. Put it in the Witness Protection program.

You guys aren't helping... and I just got an"envelope" cash from work for side work that the wife doesn't know about then again im in the process of draining my savings after gutting and remodeling my new house. . . But 10mm! and its almost a cz

I dont have a 10mm.... never ever held one
    Dammit guys!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    You guys aren't helping... and I just got an"envelope" cash from work for side work that the wife doesn't know about then again im in the process of draining my savings after gutting and remodeling my new house. . . But 10mm! and its almost a cz

I dont have a 10mm.... never ever held one
    Dammit guys!

Perfect. Buy it, then give the rest to your wife "just because".

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I used to always just offer to throw the little woman a little extra sex for a few weeks to make up for it.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    The Glock 20 was designed from the ground up to be able to handle full power 10mm ammunition. The others, not so much, unless you go with a S&W 610, which is a revolver.

Top Bottom