• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JodyR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    I just recently started trying to shoot trap At a local club With my dad who has shot off and on for years. After borrowing his Beretta A390 For the first few weeks... He surprised me today with my own Browning BT 99 That he picked up off of a guy. It's a 32 inch no tubes non ported model with full choke barrel. It recently had a Gracoil adj buffer system fitted as well . The serial shows it to be a 1976 . Good condition etc .
    Anyhow ...where can I find a disassembly video or manual so I can tear it ALL the way down for a clean lube and inspect ? I am a machinist and have done a lot toy glocks etc but never a single trap gun like this . Thanks for any help

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Since you do not know too much of the guns history, it is good to clean and lube to know when the maintenance was done. Since NONE of the powder and gases are anywhere near the lock mechanism, a BT-99, or any break open, stays clean a very long time. Keep the pivot pin cleaned and lightly lubed and the tiniest amount of lube on the locking tab.

My buddies gave me grief because I had never taken my new shotgun down even after 3 years with 15,000 plus shots fired for year. The fourth year, I pulled the stock and the trigger mechanisms were still not only clean, but the grease was still yellow.

The BT-99 has been a very dependable workhorse on the trap field for years. You will have a great time with it. The only place they fall short is when you are shooting doubles trap. You have to be pretty quick to get the second shot!

Top Bottom