• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    YIKES! Sorry, That is correct. I was typing in a hurry when I heard dinner was ready! I'm not one to judge what others do so as long as none of it hurt my family, I could care less what Springfield did and as long as the product is good, then I'd buy it.

Attitude like that and not holding companies accountable is how our rights are diminishing slowly.

To get the thread back on track.

Someone mentioned BCM. I have a BCM also and theyre well worth the look. They're on par with DD as far as I'm concerned. Some may say BCM is even better. Either one is a very nice quality rifle.

Lanternman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2017
    East Central
    So not really knowing that much about the platform, I have looked at a few brands just not sure if it matters for what I am doing. Rifle will be suppressed. Prefer flat top

Ruger
    S&W
    Saint
    DD
    Dpms

It would have to be a lot less for me to walk away from the DD, a couple hundred won't do it.

I have been a devoted Ruger fan for a lot of years, so I took the plunge with the 556 last year. I have 0 complaints, no issues, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Man I might buy one of those Rugers just for fun. I'm not a big fan of the fixed sight but PSA has then for $460 with free shipping

Lanternman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2017
    East Central
    Man I might buy one of those Rugers just for fun. I'm not a big fan of the fixed sight but PSA has then for $460 with free shipping

That is a good price. I think I paid around 550 last year before the prices hit the top of the spike before the election. The front site is pinned differently than others, but I'm sure you could still remove it. I slapped a scope on mine. The front site doesn't interfere in any way. I just fold the rear popup down. I kind of like the idea of an emergency backup. Comparing it to the core 15, I can't really say there is a practical difference, though each brand seems to have it's devoted followers. And Ruger has always had good customer service.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    SIG M400

The most underrated AR ever!

I love mine.

You might be right about that. My brother had one he got for about the price of an M&P sport and the fit/finish/accuracy was EXCELLENT, easily compared with $1k+ class guns.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'm going to come in out of left field here and recommend Aero Precision. I don't personally have experience with them, but I've been extensively been doing research for an upcoming AR build I'm planning. They seem to consistently get great reviews, and they're anywhere from $400-500 cheaper than a DD.

I can't tell any quality difference between my DDm4 and the Aero receiver set I have for my next build. The fit of lower-to-upper on the Aero set is amazing. Best of all, inter webs has the Aero lowers for $50! Not bleh. I got my upper/lower set for $115 shipped.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You might be right about that. My brother had one he got for about the price of an M&P sport and the fit/finish/accuracy was EXCELLENT, easily compared with $1k+ class guns.
    Sigs are $1K+, your brother got a steal? My wife's M400 Enhanced was a little over $1300 OTD.

ETA: They've come down some, her Muddy Girl has a "cash price" of $1035 at Buds now.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    They were an awesome deal when they were $600ish. Too many proprietary non-mil spec parts for my taste.

And at $1k plus.....I'd pass hard on that. Thats BCM money right there and approaching DD/LMT.....

Hell, Larue is selling full rifle kits for $900 right now. Those will put a sig "ar" to shame.....

Sigs are $1K+, your brother got a steal? My wife's M400 Enhanced was a little over $1300 OTD.

ETA: They've come down some, her Muddy Girl has a "cash price" of $1035 at Buds now.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    They were an awesome deal when they were $600ish. Too many proprietary non-mil spec parts for my taste.

And at $1k plus.....I'd pass hard on that. Thats BCM money right there and approaching DD/LMT.....

Hell, Larue is selling full rifle kits for $900 right now. Those will put a sig "ar" to shame.....
    I bought it cuz the wife said "PINK, I want THAT one!" The proprietary parts scare me, but it shoots well, and she ran it in two carbine classes and it did well. I'd have rather bought a BCM, and had someone "dip" it pink, but SWMBO, well, must be obeyed!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Happy wife, happy life

I bought it cuz the wife said "PINK, I want THAT one!" The proprietary parts scare me, but it shoots well, and she ran it in two carbine classes and it did well. I'd have rather bought a BCM, and had someone "dip" it pink, but SWMBO, well, must be obeyed!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    As a DDV11 owner, I'd never try to talk you out of it. It's an absolutely excellent AR and gives up nothing to almost any rifle on the market.

There are several solid rifle-length choices on the market. Personally, I'd build the lower and buy an assembled White Oak upper. Their Varmint uppers are a great choice for $700 and as as accurate as almost anything out there. If this is a plinking/fun gun, save the money on the fancy handguard and go with a basic float tube like many Varmint or Match uppers have. Spend the money on the barrel.

Or you can pop for a full BCM recce or SPR upper and get something war-ready.

For an optic, I went with a fixed mag scope to maximize clarity. A fixed mag is fine for usage where the target isn't moving or alive or ranges predictable or controlled. Choose the FOV/mag tradeoff that makes the most sense to you. Any mag from 4 up to 15x might make sense depending how you plan to shoot it.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    So instead of making another thread I decided to post here.

So I know that the COLT LE 6920s are goign for cheap but personally I don't care for the government barrel profile(im not going to be mounting a grenade launcher), so I saw they ahve pencil barrel colt AR6720s.

Is there anything wrong with those pencil barrels or do they shoot any different then the regular Colt M4geries besides having groups open up a bit faster while rapid firing (which I see as not a huge issue since I will not be shooting full auto)?

Any idea of what kind of accuracy could be expected out of the gun with decent 55 grain m193 spec ammo as that is what I would shoot.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    No worries with a 6720. It's a 6920 with a pencil barrel. Buy with confidence.

So instead of making another thread I decided to post here.

So I know that the COLT LE 6920s are goign for cheap but personally I don't care for the government barrel profile(im not going to be mounting a grenade launcher), so I saw they ahve pencil barrel colt AR6720s.

Is there anything wrong with those pencil barrels or do they shoot any different then the regular Colt M4geries besides having groups open up a bit faster while rapid firing (which I see as not a huge issue since I will not be shooting full auto)?

Any idea of what kind of accuracy could be expected out of the gun with decent 55 grain m193 spec ammo as that is what I would shoot.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom