• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've made a mini-tradition of giving the girls on my daughter's Saber Fencing squad T-Shirts that I have custom made. The Girls Saber squad gets them because 1-I play favorites and 2-Because they bring home more medals for the school than any of the other 5 squads (in fact they almost bring home as many as the other 5 combined).

For the upcoming season that starts this fall, I've finished, and narrowed down my designs to the 3 below. I'll probably get each of the girls 2 of these 3. Which should they get?

OH, and just for reference, the SPARTAN is the official logo/mascot for the school so the shirt with the image of the Spartan is likely to be the only design the girls could wear on "Spirit Days" when they don't have to wear their official school uniforms. The other two designs probably won't qualify as valid designs on 'Spirit Days.'

Choice #1: "ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON"
    Picture3-2.png

Choice #2: Monty Python & the Holy Grail
    Picture5-4.png

Choice #3: Joan of Arc
    Picture4-3.png

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I like these two 1 then 2. Do you plan on having this on the front or the back? I think, the designs would look nice on the back and then on the front, left side have Spartan Fencing or something like that.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I like these two 1 then 2. Do you plan on having this on the front or the back? I think, the designs would look nice on the back and then on the front, left side have Spartan Fencing or something like that.

Front only. I donate these, the cost for two sided print goes up about 50% per shirt. These are small print runs so the cost per shirt is roughly $22 for 1 sided print and about $11 more for 2 sided. If we could do quantities the unit cost would come down dramatically but the girls Saber Squad is the smallest of the 6 fencing squads . . . Despite the fact that they bring home roughly 50% of the medals for the entire fencing team! I try to keep the total cost of these shirts to about $250 or $300.

Given the girls saber performance the past two years our school fencing team has been elevated from 'joke' status in the conference to a school that is up and coming. We have 2 of our gils in the top 15 in the conference. We've now seen more interest in fencing overall (all 6 squads - male and female - Epee, Foil and Saber) and the girls saber squad seems to be the cause. It's attracted better athletes to the squads and now the othe disciplines are showing signs of improvement.

Top Bottom