• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    What is this rifle? Mauser? What else can I provide to help with identification?
    picture.php

Ian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    I am by no means an expert, but I think that's an arisaka based on the imperial flower marking. Usually they are filed off before capture.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    It's a Japanese Arisaka with the Mum somewhat intact except for the crossed chisel marks (was to deface the mark of the Japanese Imperial family). Many of these Mums were ground clear off. As Miller Tyme said it was probably a vet bring back. I have one just like it. Can you show us a pic of the front sight ? Does it have the flip out wings on it ? Also is the butt plate metal or wood ?

patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    It's a Japanese Arisaka with the Mum somewhat intact except for the crossed chisel marks (was to deface the mark of the Japanese Imperial family). Many of these Mums were ground clear off. As Miller Tyme said it was probably a vet bring back. I have one just like it. Can you show us a pic of the front sight ? Does it have the flip out wings on it ? Also is the butt plate metal or wood ?

The butt plate is metal. The front site is stationary. The rear sight flips up and has adjustment for elevation.

Top Bottom